I know this is sort of a tmi question but here goes! If yr a nurse or doc you may know the answer.

When I am on my period it seems like I poop more than when I dont. I have really heavy periods and the first two or three days I cramp really hard. Does the cramping make my stomach pust down on my bowels more to make this happen. I mean I really dont see a medical problem with this just was wondering if any of you experience this and what could it be.

Fairymom32

Asked by Fairymom32 at 2:23 AM on May. 9, 2013 in Health

• I've wondered about that. I would guess the muscles contracting sort of gets things moving.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:28 AM on May. 9, 2013

• lol never thought about it. my sister and I are the same way. when there is more pooping, you know your flow is on its way haha
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 7:17 AM on May. 9, 2013

• I'll second Ballad. It makes sense once you think about it. Another possibility or in addition to the cramps, maybe the extra fluid from bloating makes the poop softer, thus easier to expel?
    Shuj

Answer by Shuj at 4:58 AM on May. 9, 2013

• I go through the same thing. When i start getting more bowel movements thats when i know im starting.
    megclark22

Answer by megclark22 at 10:18 AM on May. 9, 2013

• I always thought that was because of the release of hormones. Hmmm.... I am not sure.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:47 AM on May. 9, 2013

• I'm not sure but I have endometriosis and when I have my period I have horrible diarrhea which is a common symptom.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 1:26 PM on May. 9, 2013