What's the meanest thing your husband/SO has said to you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:59 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Nothing mean has ever passed his lips. We respect eachother far too much to say stupid things that would hurt eachother.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 1:26 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Hmmm he's never been especially mean but one time we were to have a date night and he was working late instead of coming home and I told him I was upset over the phone.

He yelled at me something about working his ass off for us and did I just want him to lose his job and we end up in the street,etc.

That made me cry cuz he usually doesnt get yelling and angry like that. Thankfully, he apologized when he came home.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 1:09 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• "Until you can do something to make more money, don't f*cking yell at me!"
    Followed by a hang-up. I had yelled at him for using the bank card instead of drawing out a certain amount of cash for the week as I had asked him to. I take care of the finances and it's just easier to keep up with charges that way. I'm a stay-at-home mom and watch other children (right now just one other child) throughout the day. He doesn't usually talk to me like that but we were both very frustrated. Money, or lack there of, can do that to people. I've forgiven him, but it still hurt! Staying at home, although I am grateful I can do it, is a very selfless thing to do. All day long, the needs (very demanding needs) of others come before your own. First the kids, and then your husband when he gets home. It's very tiring and sometimes I feel like I'm INVISIBLE unless somebody needs something!
    AlleyK

Answer by AlleyK at 1:11 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• He once told me he only married me to have kids. Gee thanks. That broke my heart. I was under the assumption that he married me for me, not my uterus.
    Anonymous

• he married me for the money, but we joke back and forth about that now
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 1:25 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Not long after we were married, my ex told me 'The honeymoon is over!' when I was begging him to show a little affection. He said he loved me, but was not in love with me, and the only reason he stayed was because of the kids.
    Anonymous

• He told me that I was unfriendly and mean....hahahaha! I'm just no-nonsense, that's all. :)
    marlarrie

Answer by marlarrie at 1:49 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• "yur definitely fat". but I told him before that he aught to loose some weight... and exercise with me.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 2:17 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• My husband called me stupid, mean, and petty.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 2:23 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• My SO lived in another state for about 6 months and he called me to tell me he couldn't make it home for Thanksgiving. Of course I was pissed and I demanded to know why he couldn't. He was at work when we were talking and he said he would call me back. I told him I hadn't talked to him in 4 days and if he cared anything about his family and me he needed to explain. So he says "No you can wait." and hung up on me. I took that as him saying well I don't care for you as much as you'd like to think. I was hurt but I got over it!
    Anonymous