Does your dog bolt in certain weather?

Mine does! Everytime it rains she goes for an extended romp and comes back a muddy mess, lol! I guess she knows I won't chase her down in the rain. What a bitch!

tessiedawg

Asked by tessiedawg at 9:35 AM on May. 9, 2013 in Pets

• When we lived in Florida our dog would sometimes sneak into the nature preserve behind the house and get all muddy and stinky (I think it was a little swampy back there, but not close to the house). It was so gross. And because our HOA required that we get 'permission' from our next door neighbors to put a fence up, the ass hole on the left of me wouldn't approve because he didn't want it to prohibit wildlife from coming into the yards. Nevermind his pool was screened in so he was nice and comfortable. He couldn't blame me when my dog would shit in his yard though, because he wouldn't have been able to do that if we had a fence. My fence plan was for a short iron fence that would just keep the dog contained. Oh well.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:51 AM on May. 9, 2013

• That's hilarious! Yes, mine used to do the same thing. I also notice that when my SIL lets hers out and it is raining or has been, they go straight for the mud and roll around and run around like crazy fools. lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 10:01 AM on May. 9, 2013

• when it's thundering one of my little dogs freaks out and runs up and down the hall until I let her in my bedroom to hide under the bed, but the other dogs don't act weird
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:02 AM on May. 9, 2013

• Nope. For ours it's more about what he smells in the yard. And if it's fresh coyote scent he's gone.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:17 AM on May. 9, 2013

• Yes right back inside if even a drop of water hits lol. Both are total pansies
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:07 PM on May. 9, 2013

• Mine hides under the table. She's a great storm predictor.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:45 PM on May. 9, 2013

• Nope. Mine, a Labrador whose bread for the water no less, is a total princess. She doesn't even like to step on the grass if it's been raining; she'll tiptoe and look very disgusted at getting her paws wet.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:52 PM on May. 9, 2013

• My Australian shepherd loves the rain and snow. We don't get much snow here but she loves it when we get it. My dogs get all excited after we have several days of rain and suddenly get a sunny day. They bolt out the door and run around in circles. It's really funny! We have farm dogs for herding sheep and cows and they find it easier to work in nice weather.
    Cowgirl_Coyote

Answer by Cowgirl_Coyote at 8:30 PM on May. 9, 2013

• Lol, I love these stories! :)
    tessiedawg

Comment by tessiedawg (original poster) at 9:53 PM on May. 9, 2013