Anti-social

I tend to be anti-social, but I don't want to be. The only people my age I know are people at McDonalds. How do I go about (gosh, I dont even know how to say this right lol) like, inviting them to hang out or something? I mean, I wouldn't know what to say to someone and no one ever asks me to go out and do anything. I have had people say, "oh yeah we need to go do something sometime," but thats it. My DH is always complaining that I am anti-social, so I want to be doing things with other people, I just don't know how to. I know it sounds lame, but please help me!

CassCass

Asked by CassCass at 1:02 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• That is what CM is good for. Learn to be cybersocial first then real life social. Make friends here. Look up CM moms in your area (do a search under MOMS tab above for those in your area). ON CM you can get in groups according to your interests so that helps you have something to talk about., common interests. It's a start.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:07 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Well, you don't sound anti-social. Here's the definition of anti-social: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/antisocial

Sounds like you're more of an introvert.  Try going out on a limb and just saying to someone you like, "Hey, want to go see a movie this weekend?"  Or something like that.  Make specific plans.  Have some confidence in yourself.  :)

StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 1:07 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Well the problem is that I don't have any confidence. I have had a LOT of friends be friends with me while we are alone, but as soon as another friend of theirs comes along, I am totally forgotten and ignored! I guess that has really lowered my self-esteem. I don't think I'm pretty or likable and I don't know how to fix that either...
    CassCass

Answer by CassCass at 1:19 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• you don't have to be pretty to have friends. thats like saying only pretty people have friends. i;m the same way about not having much friends. its me really. i would just ask if the conversation is going good if they want to hang out sometime. you sounds likable. find women who live in your area through cafemom and see if they want to hang out.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 2:02 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Have a dog? Go to your local dog park. You'll meet lots of ppl. Also just got to the park with your kid and whoever your kid starts playing with, talk to the mom.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 2:27 PM on Feb. 17, 2009