If you had an easy labor and delivery with your first, how was it with your second?

I only have one, and don't really want to have anymore, but my SO does want another one soon, but anyway that's beside the point, i had a very easy pregnancy, labor and delivery with my son, the worst symptom i had was heart burn, never vomited, nothing, oh well towards the end my feet and ankles were very swollen, but anyway, i was only in hard labor for about 5 hours, and it wasn't even that bad for me, i had no pain meds or anything....so my big BIG fear is that, how could it possibly be that easy twice? so if it was easy for your first, how was it for your second?

Rachel1786

Asked by Rachel1786 at 1:02 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well it wasn't for me lol. I was in labour for 12 hours with my first. 15 with my second. 4 with my third. 6 with my fourth and 2 with my fifth. It depends. As you can see from mine it did get better lol. Everyones pregnancies are different maybe you will have an easy birth this time maybe not.
    Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 1:10 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I agree with the PP that there's no way to tell. I had easy deliveries for 2 out of my 3 and complications with one.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:18 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• in my experience it was eaisier and faster the second time, and was the same for my mom.... i got to be careful for my next pregnancy cause it will be really quick, 1st was 5hrs 2nd was 2 hrs 45min and next one i am afraid to know what it will be...
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 1:20 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• well the pregnancy with my first was easy i had no symptoms but the labor was hard and long i was hard contracting for 4 days and then its was about 7 hours of pushing he just didnt want to come out lol im am praying this one goes faster and easier but so far everything has been diff ive been sick and yuck so i guess we will see but i do agree things are always diff you never know what you will get at the end lol
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:21 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• My oldest hurt more the my second child. She was pretty easy. Went in at 8 by 1 I had her...
    Judmr

Answer by Judmr at 1:27 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• my first was also easy, no pain, all natural birth. My contractions started at 6:30am and at 8:55 am that same morning we had a baby girl, second baby was not too bad but worse than first, because I had my first so fast after labor started and I was 4cm dilated with my second the doctors wanted to induce and that was painful so yeah I was yelling for an epi but it was still very fast, they induced at 9:30am, broke my water at 10:15am and by 10:30am I wanted my epi(first time ever having one of those) and 12:45 that same afternoon baby number 2 was born, number 3 was worse than the other 2 tho, and he was the smallest of them all.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 1:33 PM on Feb. 17, 2009