Hypothetical: If you were searching through the missing people website and found a picture that looked just like you when you were little what would you do?

All this talk about the Ohio women got me thinking and wondering how many more children are put there alive living a life and they may not even know they are missing.

Would you look into? Turn your parents in? Or just let it go if you've lived a good life?

LostSoul88

Asked by LostSoul88 at 12:59 PM on May. 9, 2013 in Relationships

• Freak out and conjure up all these conspiracy theories in my head because I have a ridiculous overactive imagination. BUT I look waay too much like both my parents for me to not be theirs. If I didn't though I'd probably look into it further.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 1:22 PM on May. 9, 2013

• Face on the Milk Carton. That's what that reminds me of.
    maecntpntz219

• There's a Taylor Lautner movie where this happens, but anyway. I would probably just figure it was my doppleganger. I look just like my dad's side of the family so I wouldn't think it might mean I had been kidnapped as a baby.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:21 PM on May. 9, 2013

• Nothing, really. Even if I'm adopted I have pictures of myself with my parents since I was like a month old. I also have very early memories, my earliest from when I was 2 years old.
    So I would simply laugh at finding a doppelgänger!
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 1:22 PM on May. 9, 2013

• I might look into it, but only after thinking, "OMG, what a GREAT idea for a story!!" lmao
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 1:23 PM on May. 9, 2013

• that reminds me of one of my favorite books growing up "The Face on the Milk Carton" where basically your hypothetical happened. it was fiction tho.

id be really confused since my parents have a ton of pictures of me from birth on and i look a LOT like my dad.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:24 PM on May. 9, 2013

• There is a movie to The Face on the Milk Carton and Whatever Happened To Janie. Both books are combined in one movie. It is a great movie, actually. They followed the book very well. It's one of my favorites but I don't think I've read it since high school. I wonder if I still have it. I kind of want to read it again now.
    Cowgirl_Coyote

Answer by Cowgirl_Coyote at 8:20 PM on May. 9, 2013

• I'd wonder if it was someone related. The pictures of my grandmother holding me at the hospital after I was born would be a lot of effort to fake.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:28 PM on May. 9, 2013

• I would make inquiries.
    My children and grandchildren, my sisters and bothers kids and grandkids, me and my siblings and many of our cousins could pass as dead ringers in almost any photo taken before were say 10. My father had a baby picture of him and excluding the graininess you would have thought we were twins. If I felt as though I was missing memories or there were some that made me wonder about my origin, I would examine my birth certificate and investigate.
    If I was thoroughly comfortable with my origins, I might have said mom or more probably dad, look at this. She looks just like me at that age.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:36 PM on May. 9, 2013

• There's a book, and a movie about just this thing: The Face on the Milk Carton

Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 2:04 PM on May. 9, 2013