Do you ever miss the "infatuation period" of your relationship?

There are a lot of experts that call the first part of your relationship the infatuation period. You know, that glorious time when you are putting your best foot forward, your a mess of hormones, you've just been saved from lonliness and/or heart break and your knight in shining armor is so appealing that you don't want to be away from him for a second?

Do you remember a hotter and healthier time in your relationship? Do you miss it?

Sometimes I wonder if that feeling of being SO in love is gone for good or if it can be rekindled. Am I the only one?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:12 PM on May. 9, 2013 in Relationships

• of coarse I miss it
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 2:13 PM on May. 9, 2013

• My husband and I have been married for more than 48 years. There are still times when I am totally "infatuated" with him, and I miss him every single day when he's away at work and can't wait for him to get home in the evenings. I think the major difference for us is that we fell in love with each other for who we are as people and all that led up to the physical consummation of passion. I have talked to many women, and I believe that when you start out in a relationship based mostly on the passion, it's much harder to maintain it.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:15 PM on May. 9, 2013

• We still have that.
    If you need to rekindle- I suggest pheromones. They give you a burst of all those chemicals that are flying around in your brain/bloodstream when you're all giddy and falling in love.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:23 PM on May. 9, 2013

• It also explains why some women are relationship jumpers- they are in love (or addicted to) the sensations of falling in love, not with the actual person!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:25 PM on May. 9, 2013

• I love my husband. He's a good man that treats me right, he's a good father, and though we get into a normal amount of small spats I care about him more than I can say. That being said I miss the rush of being madly in love with him - I mean things were so steamy it made my head rush. I felt really loved and my days were brighter with the fresh new beauty of this amazing new love. I love my husband, I'm just not in love with him the same way that I was when we first got together, is that abnormal?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:32 PM on May. 9, 2013

• I miss it once in a while, but mostly I'm contented with the place we're at now; we're comfortable, not afraid to show our best and worst, finishing each other's thoughts, fittinglike a pair of broken-in gloves. That was the hardest part of my marriage to let go when I got divorced, and I was very glad to reach that place again with someone else.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:56 PM on May. 9, 2013

• No, I hated that. I want a relationship built on friendship, trust, respect. I could totally live without sex for the rest of my life.... LOL! To me, it means nothing.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:08 PM on May. 9, 2013

• No I don't miss it.  It was great at the time but I've been married almost 25 years, it has been replaced by a much deeper and far more intimate bond.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 5:17 PM on May. 9, 2013

• I'm at that stage right now with my boyfriend. When/if it does go away, yes, I'll miss it!
    StepMom2011

Answer by StepMom2011 at 5:44 PM on May. 9, 2013

• Nope. I don't miss it. DH have a very deep bond, so our relationship is healthy. There are still the moments of passion. But I like how our relationship changes and evolves, and yet we still know with we have each other.
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 9:31 PM on May. 9, 2013