I have a wicked sun burn and my face is peeling something awful, any home remedies?

My face is peeling and it's tres embarrassing, lol. I was wondering if anyone had good advice on how to expedite this part of the sun-kissing process. I'm so Irish it literally hurts. lol. Thanks! - Ashley

ashleyaction

Asked by ashleyaction at 2:18 PM on May. 9, 2013 in Beauty & Style

• aloe vera gel until it heals then get a high spf sun block and use it all the time
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 2:20 PM on May. 9, 2013

• The peeling skin is dead, so there's not much you can do to keep it from flaking. You can keep it well moisturized, and that will keep it from looking so "flaky".
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:50 PM on May. 9, 2013

• dabbing on apple cider vinegar can help with the burn and fresh aloe can help A LOT with the healing. Stay moisturized as well.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:33 PM on May. 9, 2013

• Aloe is the best for burns. If you do not have that try white vinegar.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 6:11 PM on May. 9, 2013

• Try an aloe plant. I have a couple planted in my yard. They work a lot better then the gel you buy in the stores. It will keep your skin moisturized and, the act of rubbing it on (also wiping it off) will loosen the dead skin. I know how awful that is. I get sunburned easy and I know how miserable it it. I hope you feel better soon.
    Cowgirl_Coyote

Answer by Cowgirl_Coyote at 7:27 PM on May. 9, 2013

• Aloe ^ absolutely
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 8:03 PM on May. 10, 2013