Anyone else a paper hoarder like me?

I don't know why I can't seem to get rid of papers. I have hard time sorting and deciding whether or not they're important enough to keep or if I should throw it away. Grr! lol How do I keep this organized and from accumulating overtime?

uwmilf

Asked by uwmilf at 2:53 PM on May. 9, 2013 in Home & Garden

• I had that problem. One thing that works for me is to sort mail in the car. All junk mail doesn't even make it past the front door!
    I also have a small plastic file box that I have out when I pay bills, so I sort though as I pay and either file or chuck stuff. All bank statements I have made paperless. If I need them I can access them online and print if necessary. It hasn't been in 5 years, lol. That knocks a lot of paper out of your life.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 3:05 PM on May. 9, 2013

• I throw things away right and keep what is important. I keep some in a binder or have gone paperless.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 3:09 PM on May. 9, 2013

• I am. I'm working on keeping things at a minimum. I keep a copy of at least one bill with each of our names on it from each address we have lived at. This helps when sending in to collect unclaimed money. I have been trying to do a lot of shredding of other documents as well. Bank statements I keep for a while, but we get most of them electronically anymore, so that's not as much of an issue these days.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:13 PM on May. 9, 2013

• Nope, I throw everything away. Clutter makes me crazy.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:38 PM on May. 9, 2013

• My dad was like that and after he died we literally had 37 years worth of papers to go though.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 4:12 PM on May. 9, 2013

• Let's just say that my son has 2, 3 inch binders FULL of every, IEP change, report card, Conference reference, evaluation report and God only knows what else we have ever been handed. ... I will say this: At least it is organized... lol.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:30 PM on May. 9, 2013

• No, I probably don't keep enough. Mounds of papers I can't read or identify are the scourge of my existence.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:15 PM on May. 9, 2013