How do you suggest I talk to my husband about finding a new job?

My husband has a good job and it's a great one for the state of the economy. He works very hard so that I can stay home with my boys which I am eternally grateful for.
My main problem is that he feels trapped, he won't say it, but he really implies it. Lots of things at his work get blamed on his department even though they aren't issues that his group deals with...they are the scapegoats. He's overly stressed and working way too many hours, without proper compensation and with much negativity around him in the office. I'm confident if he put the call into his old recruiter he could find him a new job without too much trouble. But I'm really not sure how to broach the subject seriously with him. I'm tired of him working from 7:30am til 7:30pm & then some days even more after he gets home. He's frustrated & so am I. Help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:04 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Money & Work

• I think you just put it really well. Thank him for his sacrifice, tell him how much you appreciate him for being so heroic, going to a job so you can stay home with your babies. Then, just as you outlined, does he maybe think that a recruiter would be a good person to speak with? It sounds like you are being very sensitive and supportive.
    Trixiebelle2

Answer by Trixiebelle2 at 4:26 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I think your husband works at the same place I do in the same department. I think he would be so relieved that you were concerned. It is not easy on the whole family when the job is beyond stressful and you are overworked. I am the sole bread winner in my home also so I can truly relate to what he is going through. You need to make sure the bills are paid but there is a time when you can't take any more. You are a great support for him and just let him know what you are thinking and feeling it is probably the same thing he feels and doesn't say.
    Kari126

Answer by Kari126 at 8:06 PM on Feb. 17, 2009