The news.... Let me show you how to do?

As you know, I hate the media. I've been watching CNN lately though just to see how far they will go. For the life of me, I just can't fathom when they say this: "Let me show you how they did this". Let me show you how to make a bomb, let me show you how to steal money from ATM's, let me show you how to abduct a child effortlessly.... Seriously?

What do you hate about the media?

m-avi

Asked by m-avi at 5:03 PM on May. 9, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• I hate the news! CNN is the worst when it comes to sensationalism.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 6:35 PM on May. 9, 2013

• The fact that they all try to act as though they don't have a bias. There is bias in everything.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:11 PM on May. 9, 2013

• The fact that they'll pass over positive stories so they have time to tell us about every bit of doom and gloom they can find as they search the world over.

Anne Murray had a great song years ago called "We Sure Could Use a Little Good News Today." I love that song.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:22 PM on May. 9, 2013

• That they don't get facts before they start spouting off about the latest happenings. They run with the sensational instead of the truth.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 6:11 PM on May. 9, 2013

• " we think" has become gospel
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 5:33 PM on May. 9, 2013

• Missing kids and murder victims only matter if they're cute and white, unless it's gang on gang violence, then it's ok to show the guy "who probably had it coming" or the kid who "lived in the same home as someone who probably had it coming".
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:26 PM on May. 9, 2013

• that they fake everything (have you seen the nancy grace and the other chic from CNN being on different panels yet being a few feet away from each other?)

that idiots who watch them take everything as gospel (you use to be able to trust that they were giving you the actual truth, not their version of it).

that they take a horrible event and try to make it even more horrible in order to sale more commercials.

theres a ton more, its why i refuse to watch any of them.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:56 PM on May. 9, 2013

• My husband use to work in radio and tv sales and really that's exactly what it's all about the sales of commercials. really if it makes you buy things they will tell you about it and if you have a business you can purchase time and the news anchor will talk about your business except they pretend it's a news story. It's awful. For example the whole abercrombie thing advertising.....
    pinkparcel

Answer by pinkparcel at 5:39 PM on May. 9, 2013

• They let our govt tell them what to do, and how to do it, and how they should write it. Especially on the Benghazi attack. And most of them do not care about checking sources, as long as they are getting great ratings, hey thats ok! Or just edit what they want and do not want.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:28 AM on May. 10, 2013