I survived court...update for all you wonderful dork friends :)

we had a sub judge -bummer, the judge we had up to this point would have really let him have it

*the ex paid the G.A.L. bill right before court, so he did not go to jail
*my lawyer spoke to the ex before court. ex will "think" about signing the name change (which means it will never happen)
* my lawyer spoke to ex before court about the - one visit once a month for 2-3 hours, at my home, me supervising, and one month notice of the visit. the ex agreed but said he might not be able to make it once a month because it is expense to drive down here (he lives hour and 15 minutes away)

the RULING..
he is to call one month in advance to set time to see daughter AND actually show up
i will not be holding breath on the phone call or the visit, the ex even said to my lawyer he does not know if he can make it down here that often (insert eye roll).

substitute judge was a whimp (but he did not know background of our case, he did not even know our child has autism, so i have to give the judge a break, and this sub. judge- not knowing past history, could have not ruled in our favor-then my lawyer would have had to earn his hourly wage )

***and my FAVORITE part...
judge asked the ex something, the ex said "she will be seven this July"
after judge said something, judge looked at me... I said " she will be SIX this July"
the look on the court stenographer's face was priceless

jerk does not even know his daughter's age!!!!
wow^
Man alive our other judge would have had a field day with that little blunder. but the ruling would have been the same, just would have got to hear the old judge rip him a new opening for being such a crap ass excuse for a father

----
so no more court for me!!!!
... unless he goes for his physiological testing AND the shrink thinks he is safe to be around children....not ever going to happen

i may have to get drunk tonight and play on cafemom...LMAO
thanks ladies for all your support through these years of court crap venting by me

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:36 PM on May. 9, 2013 in Just for Fun

• YAY!!!! IT'S FINALLY DONE!!!!!

Words can't express how happy I am for you AND your little family
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 6:06 PM on May. 9, 2013

• I am sooooo excited for you! You deserve to celebrate after all the shit you have been through! Glad the ruling went in your favor, though it would have been nice to see him thrown in jail for contempt!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 6:09 PM on May. 9, 2013

• That's all great news. Even better that you don't need to be sitting around waiting for him to maybe show up on visit days. So happy for you. If I hadn't gotten trashed at the jimmy Buffett concert last weekend I might have been able to have a drink in your honor tonight. I'm going to have to settle with lemonade.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:42 PM on May. 9, 2013

• Congratulations, it's over! What a relief for you!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:21 PM on May. 9, 2013

• Glad it is all over!!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:34 PM on May. 9, 2013

• glad it's over for you! i hope ill be celebrating the end of my court crap in july, right there with ya sister!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:31 PM on May. 9, 2013

• Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:36 PM on May. 9, 2013

• Glad it worked out for you!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:37 PM on May. 9, 2013

• way to gowoohooyou rock

3libras

Answer by 3libras at 5:40 PM on May. 9, 2013

• Glad it went your way. My ex didn't know my kids ages either - according to him when he filled out an insurance form once, our oldest son was born 3 months before he and I even met. Men like that don't deserve our wonderful kids. ;)

If I were drinking tonight, I'd have one for you. I'll be drinking Saturday (with dinner) so I'll have one for you then. lol
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 5:54 PM on May. 9, 2013