Texas divorce judge regrets he cannot throw stalking victim in jail for being a lesbian

Anyone looking for a news link, you won't find one, this is one woman's divorce, and she's not fortunate enough to be a Kardashian or Kennedy. The push is on to get the word out via social media, in hopes that somehow, someone can get this asshole removed from the bench. Hopefully, there will be a link for it soon, because that means people are paying attention:

• This was shared with us by a member of this page. It happened to a friend of hers, Page Price. Ms. Price has given us permission to share this with this page. 

This took place in McKinney, Tx.

Status Update

By Page Price

Yesterday Collin County Judge John Roach Jr. of the 296th District Court enforced the "Morality Clause" in Carolyn's divorce papers. Carolyn Lang Compton and I have been together almost three years and have a very happy and healthy home. Our children are all happy and well adjusted. By his enforcement, being that we cannot marry in this state, I have been ordered to move out of my home. Said Judge offered further information to our attorneys that if he could throw her in jail for being gay he would. The only reason he didn't incarcerate her was because of a technicality our attorneys found in the original wording. 

Judge Roach Jr. placed this "Morality Clause " in their divorce papers with no end date at his will during their final divorce hearing stating that he did not like Carolyn's "lifestyle". It states that no unrelated party whom you are intimately involved with can be in the home after 9PM while in the possession of your children. 

Now I realize there are those of you who don't agree with my "lifestyle", but the fact is that I wasn't given a choice. I also know that those of you who know me know that I am a good person and would never hurt a child in any way. Tell me how this is just. Equal rights? 

Further, if this doesn't disgust you that a bigot hiding behind a robe can display such blatant discrimination toward a group of people then I request that you remove me from your friend list immediately. I can't imagine sharing details of my life on this page with anyone who wouldn't support my family.

P.S. Her ex-husband, who was charged with 3rd degree felony stalking against Carolyn and plead guilty to a lesser charge, hired a PI to stalk us to bring this case to the Judge. This is the same man who lives just a few miles away yet has taken his children a total of 12 times in 3 years and not attended ONE school or athletic event. This request for enforcement was filed "in the interest and welfare of the children." If he is so worried about their welfare where is he every 1st, 3rd and 5th weekend?

So why is he allowed to have this job again?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 6:39 PM on May. 9, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• What a prick that judge is. I hope he gets kicked off the bench. Having a lesbian mom doesn't in itself endanger children in any way whatsoever.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:53 PM on May. 9, 2013

• So why is he allowed to have this job again?

Because Texas apparently follows their own rules and likes to disregard the Constitution...
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 6:56 PM on May. 9, 2013

• There are no words to describe how I feel about that judge.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 8:21 PM on May. 9, 2013

• Texas. Enough said.

Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 8:29 PM on May. 9, 2013

• Wow sometimes I think officials in Tx actually like to advertise what dumb shits they are. I wonder if the one lady signed a lease agreement that she was a roommate, if she could stay? Surely there are single moms in Tx who take in roommates, boarders, etc to help pay the bills! Do they have to move out too?
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 10:25 PM on May. 9, 2013