Has there been any posts on Bengahzi?

I have been watching the Bengahzi testimonies and I find it odd that it seems that NO one is really talking about it? I don't understand why? Can someone tell me why it is not important?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:58 PM on May. 9, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• You're watching it you tell us.
    Anonymous

• It is very important. That's why nobody is covering it--the truth is being told about it, and that apparently needs to be kept under wrap.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:25 PM on May. 9, 2013

• if they dont want you to know the truth, it wont come to light till the 40-75 years are up and it can be released. at least thats what US history has shown. maybe if an outside force had been there (like with the police in Watergate) then we'd see something come from this.

granted i havent been following this b/c ive been tied up w/ finals and what not, but then again i dont really take Fox News all that seriously and they are the ones trying to make this into a huge Impeachment level offense. when they have some evidence, i'll be glad to pay more attention.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:52 PM on May. 9, 2013

• It does sound like a complete cover up! It's disgraceful! I've been trying to watch the congressional hearing that happened yesterday but I've not had time. What little I saw, another state department official, Gregory Hicks, testified before the House at the hearing that he knew it was a terrorist attack immediately. He spoke with Ambassador Stevens as the attack began ? and Stevens said, "We're under attack." It was obvious within a few days that it was a terrorist attack and not a "spontaneous protest reaction to an uprising in Egypt in reponse to the YouTube video" but it shouldn't have taken that long. That ambassador should've been given sufficient security. There's just no explanation for the lack of coverage by the news media, no excuse, and no excuse for this having been allowed to happen. Eventually more people will come forward, including the survivors.
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 10:20 PM on May. 9, 2013

• I don't know a whole lot aboutit, but from what I've heard, it's a highly partisan issue in which Republicans have been intensely critical of Obama, so I just chalked it up to more politics as usual.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:40 PM on May. 9, 2013

• I watched part of the congressional hearing as well and I am severely disturbed that it seems like NO ONE is covering any of this or asking questions. It seems to me that no one cares about what actually happened and the lives of the 4 Americans lost.  Nor do they seem to care about the survivors and that they are not allowed to speak.  It is my understanding that Hillary knew it was an attack that she had spoken to someone on Sept 12th and said it was a terrorist attack.  My question is who came up with the idea to blame a video and why does that in and of itself not bother anyone that a video was blamed when they knew full well that it was a terrorist attack.   That they sat there and lied continuously about it being a video and then when they couldn't deny any more that it was a terrorist attack they came out and said we always said it was a terrorist attack, when we have video of them saying it was not. 

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:42 PM on May. 9, 2013

• Fox news really has nothing to do with them lying about it? Why did they lie? Why not admit to it being a terrorist attack and that they failed to provide sufficient security for these people.  Then the poor American man gets arrested for the video and for a lie that the administration came up with to cover up WHAT?  I don't understand WHY they didn't tell the truth from the get go?  WHY are others not concerned that they made up some video to cover up I don't know what.  BUT they lied.  Something stinks in Denmark.  But what bothers me the most is the lack of concern from the American public and the media.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:47 PM on May. 9, 2013

• PBS NewsHour and NPR covered the hearing, quite extensively in both cases.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:10 AM on May. 10, 2013

• ": I am severely disturbed that it seems like NO ONE is covering any of this or asking questions.." OP
    I did a lot of reading on this, and found out a study released that on November 2 found that leading newspapers in the U.S. framed the attack in terms of a spontaneous protest (the Obama administration’s version) four times as often as a planned terrorist attack (the Republican version).The Washington Post editorial asked such questions as, "Did the Obama administration’s political preoccupation with maintaining a light footprint in Libya lead to an ill-considered reliance on local militias, rather than on U.S. forces?" The Wall Street Journal editorial asked such questions as "Why did the U.S. not heed warnings about a growing Islamist presence in Benghazi and better protect the diplomatic mission and CIA annex?" and "Why has the Administration's story about what took place in Benghazi been so haphazard and unclear?"
    >>
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 12:51 AM on May. 10, 2013

• According to the CBS news, on November 4, two days before the presidential election, released a portion of its interview with President Obama for 60 Minutes that was filmed on Sept.12 but did not air originally on its Sept. 23 show. A journalist Bret Baier, he noted that in these newly released portions of the interview "Obama would not say whether he thought the attack was terrorism. Yet he would later emphasize at a presidential debate that in the Rose Garden the same day, he had declared the attack an act of terror." Then there was a newly released video interview with Steve Kroft: "KROFT: Mr. President, this morning you went out of your way to avoid the use of the word terrorism in connection with the Libya Attack, do you believe that this was a terrorism attack? OBAMA: Well it’s too early to tell exactly how this came about, what group was involved, but obviously it was an attack on Americans.
    >>>
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 12:58 AM on May. 10, 2013