Do you have to pay for all day everyday Kindergarten?

Next year in MN they will make it so every school is free of Kindergarten but as of this year, our district/ school is not. We have to pay $3200 for all day everyday kindergarten.. any one else have to do this? we could choose the 2 days a week and every other friday but with all that transportation, its just easier this way

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 10:14 PM on May. 9, 2013 in General Parenting

• Really? Holy crap! My kids went to all day every day Kindergarted over a decade ago and it was free then! Your district needs to get with the times...Lol!
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 10:17 PM on May. 9, 2013

• I'll be paying a little over $2,500 for my daughter to attend all-day kindergarten in Colorado next year. Half-day kindergarten is free, but the full day classes offer extra time with music, gym, art, and computers.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:21 PM on May. 9, 2013

• i know right?? they finally passed it for the 2014/2015 years - a year too late.. technically it will save us $75 a month vs daycare however,timing sucked LOL~! I am super super fortunate that my mom is wiling to be "before care" for us.
    maxsmom11807

Comment by maxsmom11807 (original poster) at 10:21 PM on May. 9, 2013

• wow...all day Kindergarten is new in my school district (central OKC) but its free. i had no idea ppl had to pay outright for public education. or do they consider it daycare at the school building?
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:26 PM on May. 9, 2013

• Public education is the first thing to get money taken from them during elections.. sadly
    maxsmom11807

Comment by maxsmom11807 (original poster) at 10:28 PM on May. 9, 2013

• What Ballad said about full day in Colorado. But we paid close to $10K per kid as they went to a private school.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:45 PM on May. 9, 2013

• In WA, the first required grade is 1st. All day is offered, but there is a tuition you have to pay. How much tuition depends on the school district.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:00 PM on May. 9, 2013

• We're free here in PA.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:13 PM on May. 9, 2013

• Mine went all day it was required. DGS went all day it was required. So no we did not pay if they were in public school
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:31 PM on May. 9, 2013

• Free here in NC. I can't imagine paying!

Answer by missanc at 11:35 PM on May. 9, 2013