Im so tired of people saying my son is spoiled....vent

My son is 10 months old. He doesnt walk and he doesnt crawl. He was born early at that. Every time someone hears he doesnt walk or he doesnt crawl they say its my fault and i carry him too much. I have tried to help him crawl and like every mom does i hold his hands and try to help him walk. He doesnt want to. He trys to crawl but goes backwards. Like a lot of babies just learning. I have hard floors and he doesnt like that either. They tell me to lay a blanket down and let him try. I have done that too. the blanket moves when he moves. Hes just not ready. Im sick of people acting like i dont know what im doing. I have 3 kids. My first two crawled at 6 and 7 months and they walked at 9 and 10 months. Im not stupid i can raise my children. Yes my son is behind but again i do what i can to try and help him. This is why a lot of people just give up. They get knocked down by everyone and just stop caring.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 PM on May. 9, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If you have other kids than you know by now to not listen to anyone but yourself, It's nice out and parks are waiting for you. Let him role around on the grass. lol he will be fine
    pinkparcel

Answer by pinkparcel at 11:08 PM on May. 9, 2013

• First of all, premature babies don't catch up right away. The baby is fine, and anybody who wants to tell you how to raise him should go have a nice day--somehere else.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:16 PM on May. 9, 2013

• I go threw the same thing and I tell them I don't care bc he knows he I loved and he deserve it ....my son is 18 months old and I wound not have it any other way . But the funny thing is the people tell me that my son is spoiled now there kids scream when they leave the room and cant leave them , but I can leave and my child does not cry ,bc he gets so much love that he knows im coming back...keep doing what you are doing
    tigger3itch

Answer by tigger3itch at 11:09 PM on May. 9, 2013

• You said he was born early. How early? What is his adjusted age?

And, like pinkparcel said, you should know by now not to listen to strangers on the street about what your kid should and should not be doing.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:16 PM on May. 9, 2013

• As long as your dr. says he is progressing nicely, I would blow off any naysayers.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:39 PM on May. 9, 2013

• The next time someone says he's spoiled strip him naked and tell them to point out his expiration date.

Lots of babies NEVER crawl. It's not considered a milestone. Mine went straight to walking at TEN MONTHS. Since yours was a month early, he has four weeks to make them eat their words.

I'm also a big believer in crossing naysayers off the social calendar, no matter who they are. Even grandparents. Sometimes we have to re-civilize them.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:55 PM on May. 9, 2013

• Crawling is NOT a milestone but moving in some way is. My oldest never crawled, but he scooted on his butt. At 10 months old he would cruise on furniture and walk while holding my hands, but he didn't walk on his own until after 12 months. To boot my son was not premature. What he is doing is perfectly normal for children NOT born early and especially normal for premature babies. As long as the doctor isn't concerned then just ignore them.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:14 AM on May. 10, 2013

• My oldest brother(K) did not crawl until he saw his younger brother(C) do it. They are two years apart. K would just roll around to get places until he learned to walk. He saw C start crawling thought it was fun looking and did it himself.

He learned to walk around 1 yr old I believe.

My point, every child is different and I'm sure you and his doctor have talked so don't pay attentiong. Plus being early he will be behind for quite a few years especially if he was very early.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 11:21 PM on May. 9, 2013

• is was only a month early. but was still very tiny.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:27 PM on May. 9, 2013

• My baby is 9 months old and she isn't crawling either the dr told me she is a little behind but that's ok some babies learn faster than other babies. I have a 3 yr old also and she was walking by 10 months. All babies are different so don't worry about we
    Hat anybody else says!!
    Andr4de09

Answer by Andr4de09 at 3:10 AM on May. 10, 2013