Thinking about ditching Android Tablet for iPad for more educational apps- good or bad idea???

I have a Samsung Android tablet and I am fairly happy with it HOWEVER sooooooo many apps that are educational are only for iPads like Mo Willems and Reading Rainbow and writing apps, etc! I did not realize so much was not offered for Android. My son uses the tablet a few hours each week while he is at work with me before school and I would MUCH rather he have more access to educational tools and apps (he is in Kinder).

Is it worth the high price to buy a iPad? I don't have a Mac or any other Apple products.  I do use Kindle on my Tablet as well as Netflix on occassion.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on May. 10, 2013 in General Parenting

• Look up starfall! They have apps for Android, I have never used their apps but I LOVE their website.

Chrln06

Answer by Chrln06 at 12:05 PM on May. 10, 2013

• There are tons of educational apps for android. Instead of looking at what apps they don't have, look into the ones that are offered. In our house we have 2 Kindle Fires, an ipad 2, 2 android smart phones, 2 iPhones, and 2 iPod touches. It does seem that many of the apps come out on apple first, but they hit the android market not long after. Have you contacted the makers of the apps you want to ask about having them for android? If they know the market is there, they are more likely to push for it.
    I wouldn't strain my finances to buy an iPad, I actually prefer my kindle fire.

Answer by missanc at 1:05 PM on May. 10, 2013

• GREAT idea.

I am biased though.

-apple junky
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 4:51 PM on May. 10, 2013