My 2 month old throws up after almost every feeding has been peeing frequently but hasn't pooped all day long or last night his lips are chapped is he dehydrated should I take to the hospital

jacksonmomallie

Asked by jacksonmomallie at 12:10 PM on May. 10, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes, take him to a Dr. right away.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:15 PM on May. 10, 2013

• If you think he's dehydrated, get off the computer and take him to the emergency room. He's way too young to take a wait-and-see attitude.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:20 PM on May. 10, 2013

• Call your doctor before you rush to the hospital.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 12:38 PM on May. 10, 2013

• Six or more wet diapers = not dehydrated. My second to youngest was not a pooper, and she threw up (not spit up) after EVERY meal. I did eventually have to switch her to formula, because with the stress of 4 kids (at the time) and my husband being deployed, my milk ended up drying up.

As for the chapped lips, are you in a dry climate? It might just be the changing of the seasons. But I do agree, call the doctor and talk to him/her before rushing to the ER.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 10:25 PM on May. 12, 2013