Thank you Karma !

About 4 years ago I was "dumped" by my then husband ... Our marriage wasnt that great, but I loved him and I tried everything I could to make it work, but he was more interested in his best friend ( at the time) girlfriend.... I left him but at the time still had some hope that he would wake up, realize he had a perfect family waiting for him ( we had a 2 year old daughter and I had just had his son) .... But he soon got her pregnant, and the divorce was final.... after realizing he was going to have to pay me child support, he decided it would be better for his new family to give his rights up to my kids....It was messy... he and her basically tormented me, they would call in the middle of the night making sex noises on the phone... she would call me fat and say it was no wonder he couldnt stand to look at me ...that my kids would grow upo to hate me.... etc...

Over time I realized how much better my kids and I were without him... My children are wonderful - well behaived, beautiful, smart, and are everything to me.... I also met and married my prince charming and got an amazing 7 year old step son ... We have a big beautiful house, and are in every since a perfect family, and I look better now than I did in high school.

Anyways, even though we live in a small area, I havent seen either of them in years ... Sometimes curiosity gets the best of me and I look at his facebook ( whihc i mostly private so I cant rewally see that many pictures or statuses) ....... But I have found out some tidbits of their lives.... such as they are living in a government funded apartment complex and she is pregnant with their 5th kid...

Then I feel like the Karma really kicked in .... Last night my son had a t-ball game.... after getting there and seated, I soon realized that the opposite team had my ex husbands other son on it... and then there they were ! ...... I seen them with their other kids ( who were filthy) running around, screaming, knocking into people like crazed animals.... She had gotten so fat ( not just pregnancy fat), her face was filled with acne and crater marks.... and she spent the whole game screaming her head of at youngest kid ( who cried the whole time) .

He just sat there , everytime she would say something to him, I seen that annoyed look he use to get with me.... I even seen him roll his eyes at her a few times.... and he tried to walk away from her more times than I can count.......

And then he seen me.... and he had this look on his face, like an OMG look ... his mouth really opened, and then he smiled...

And it just made me feel good, becuase all of the stuff he ( and her ) has done to me and my children ... and now he was there looking at me and my beautiful husband, sitting so close together, talking and laughing .... and then looking at his beautiful children who he hadnt seen in years .. I hope he felt guilt the rest of the night ...

I also wanted to add that he had always loved baseball and I wondered if he realized it was his son ( mine) that hit the homeruns... or maybe he was to concentrated on his ( hers) son who was throwing dirt at the other kids in the outfield.....

AND ... I overheard HER MOM telling a friend ( her mom and this person was sitting right in front of us, while they were down by the fence) ... that she hopes she gets the house cleaned before the newst baby comes ( she goes on to talk about how dirty it is, even to say they have bugs) ... and THEN says that the baby might be black ( which is odd since they are both white) ....

I feel like I finally got a taste of good karma !

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:11 PM on May. 10, 2013 in Relationships

• Well, maybe you did. But since you are obviously taking joy in your ex's change in fortune, you're not done healing yet. You'll know you've moved past it all when you wish no more ill will on your ex, his lady, or their children. The opposite of love is not hate; it's indifference.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:18 PM on May. 10, 2013

• I agree with Ballad, I think all the I would feel was pity for those children even if they were my ex's.

tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 12:38 PM on May. 10, 2013

• The day I knew I was completely over my ex, and all the crap he had done to me and our kids, was the day a lady at work who didn't know my history asked me, "Didnt you used to be with ________ (ex husband's name), and it took me a minute to think of who she was talking about. This was about 6 years after we split, and I had been moving on the whole time, but it takes awhile to stop loving someone. But I discovered I was totally indifferent to him. The love had gone, and so had the hate I held for him and his behavior. He really meant nothing to me. So Ballad is right. The opposite of love is indifference. But you can take comfort in the old adage "The best revenge is living well".
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 12:55 PM on May. 10, 2013

• Revenge is a dish best served cold.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 1:52 PM on May. 10, 2013

• I understand how you feel! Good for you!!
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 1:55 PM on May. 10, 2013

• GOod for you! karma can be great. I feel bad for the kids though/
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 3:49 PM on Jun. 4, 2013