I have an extra Mother's Day gift...

and tomorrow we will be going to visit my ex at his house (he lives with his mom) because we have a birthday party to go to anyway and i dont want him here on Sunday.

i made cupcake bouquets for my mom and my grandma. i bought extra materials to make one today as kind of a practice bouquet. i was thinking i might give it to ex MIL from the kids.

the only reason im unsure is because of our tumultuous relationship. she has not seen the kids since Christmas. she was suppose to come to their birthday party but never showed, didnt even offer a phone call or anything. we've received nothing from her and have not seen or heard from her since Christmas.

i could always keep the extra bouquet for myself... LOL! wwyd?

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 12:16 PM on May. 10, 2013 in Relationships

• Give it to her. Worst case scenario, she feels guilty for not being there more for the kids.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:18 PM on May. 10, 2013

• Give it to her and pray she chokes on them lol
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 12:21 PM on May. 10, 2013

• Personally? My ex-MIL is a total bitch, and I wouldn't do it. I try to be nice to everyone, but her? I just can't do it. So I wouldn't.

But if you think it might make her realize how wrong she's been, or you just really want to be nice, then go for it.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 12:50 PM on May. 10, 2013

• Give it to her. You are teaching your children an invaluable lesson in kindness/giving. And you end up being the better person.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 1:28 PM on May. 10, 2013

• Give it t her. Why not? She'll be happy, and you'll be doing something positive for her relationship with the kids. But don't give her the bouquet with any strings in your mind about how it will make her feel or act. All you have control of when giving a gift is your motives.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:04 PM on May. 10, 2013

• Give and I want to see a pic of it!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:16 PM on May. 10, 2013

• thanks for the advice ladies. i might as well give it to her- i have enough sweets around my house as it is. staci- im making two more tomorrow for my own mom & my grandma, ill add pics just for you!
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 3:35 PM on May. 10, 2013