Do you take your camera everywhere you go?

This was a poll on another website I frequent. A lot of people said they owned DSLRs and took them EVERYWHERE they went. I find this hard to believe, since I never see random people with DSLRs walking around, HOWEVER, I just finished making a camera bag out of a purse so that I could carry mine around with me where ever I go and not have to worry about it AND a purse. My cellphone camera is crap, my point and shoot Kodak is terrible(grainy and just not good at all- I've hated it ever since I got it, totally not a camera snob I swear), so I thought if I had my DSLR with me, it wouldn't be so hard to get the shots I see everywhere I go. What about you? Do you take your camera(point and shoot, DSLR, whatever) with you all the time?

lovingmy4babies

Asked by lovingmy4babies at 2:59 PM on May. 10, 2013 in Hobbies & Crafts

• yes!!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:11 PM on May. 10, 2013

• I probably would if I could see to use one. I'd want to be taking pics of everything having to do with my daughter and stepson. But my boyfriend, no. It's like pulling teeth to get that man to take the camera anywhere, and then I have to keep reminding him to use it. I have a friend who takes lots of pics of my daughter when we go to the fair and parades and stuff, but then she never gets around to downloading them off her camera. Grrr!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:11 PM on May. 10, 2013

• I have a small Sony Cyber shot that I take every where, and a bulkier Fujifilm DSLR that I only take out for planned events. Like holidays, when my brother came for a visit, when the kids are doing something especially adorable. Otherwise it's just the little one.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 3:17 PM on May. 10, 2013

• My iphone takes great pictures, so it is always with me.

We have a nice Elf camera that we don't use much. Dd usually plays with it.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 3:27 PM on May. 10, 2013

• Nope. My iPhone takes good enough pics for me and I rarely take even a purse with me when I go places - phone in the pocket and kids in the car!

Answer by missanc at 3:35 PM on May. 10, 2013

• Just about. There are a few places I would not take it.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:38 PM on May. 10, 2013

• i have a DSLR and no i dont take it everywhere. most places, but not everywhere. my iphone on the other hand is always with me so yeah, that thing goes everywhere i go.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:38 PM on May. 10, 2013

• no
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 3:40 PM on May. 10, 2013

• Yes, but I use my iPhone camera. I would love a DSLR but the money is better spent elsewhere.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 3:42 PM on May. 10, 2013

• I have a DSLR. I don't take it with me to things like grocery shopping or the doctor's office. But for things where I know great shots might happen, like a day at the park, swimming at the lake, a visit with family/friends from out of town, I do take it. Or there are times where I might take it when I go to run simple errands, but that's usually something where I've seen a great picture (a unique flower or a gorgeous house, something like that) that I didn't have my camera with me before, so I'll take it to get that shot.

So, I wouldn't say I take it everywhere, but I do take it alot.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 3:59 PM on May. 10, 2013