Do you know of a good online college?

I am thinking about going back to school,but having two kids I would like to look into doing online courses if possible.I wanted to ask if any of you ladies can recommend a on line college that is legit(sp) or is currently doing online classes and is liking it or has already received certificates/diplomas from taking online classes.

Any help would be great.

NCMommy326

Asked by NCMommy326 at 1:14 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Money & Work

• I go to university of phoenix. I graduate March 23rd in fact. I have had nothing but good experiences with it, its fully accredited so you can get student loans and pell grant to help pay, and its all online. There are also no classes to attend like Kaplan has (I tried them first) so its pretty awesome.

Answer by gemgem at 1:15 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Check out you state universities first. You will receive a tuition break over other online colleges, I live in Colorado and the have excellent online degrees through the community colleges and the major universities,
    chocolateroses

Answer by chocolateroses at 1:19 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Kaplan (spling?) is a good 100% online college.
    Anonymous

• The community colleges in our area have a lot of on-line college courses. They are very inexpensive (usually $13 a unit) and can be done on computer or even watching some classes on-line.
    Trixiebelle2

Answer by Trixiebelle2 at 4:18 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• It all depends on the degree you wish to achieve. Do your research first. When you decide on a degree of study, find out all the information required for the job you will be seeking and which courses are needed. Then do searches for online colleges that are nationally accredited and scrutinize the degree programs of each one. Don't only look at prices at first, look at the degree program you wish to earn, the courses they provide (do they match what you need?), and the skills they will teach (do they match what you need for a job?). When you decide on a college ask if they will accept transfer credits from a previous college you have attended. Fill out the FAFSA application right away (the college will direct you to the site), and then see if a local community college offers some of the general study courses (math, english, science, etc) for less tuition and that the credits can be applied to the online degree.
    I attend CTU.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:03 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• More...ask the college to put you in contact with some alumni so you can ask them about their experience with the college and ask them specific questions. You want to find out about the online campus (is it easy to maneuver around in?), the availability of the instructors, the availability of the support staff (advisors, librarians, tech support, financial aid, and job placement), and what types of communication there is with the instructors and other classmates.
    Also, whatever the college's accreditation is through, you can contact them to get a report on the college for any negative and positive comments.
    Best wishes to you!
    What do you wish to study?
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:08 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Thank you ladies for you reponses.
    I was looking to study Medical office administration or something that deals with medical office stuff.
    I have been doing some looking around and thought to get thoughts from you all.
    There is a community college near me but the class(the one I mentioned above) I was interested in is an on campus class so that knocks that one out they offer some courses online that you would study in that class,such as medical billing/coding ,transcription but I would need to go and take each of those.Which is still not that bad may look more into it .

Again thanks
    NCMommy326

Answer by NCMommy326 at 4:09 PM on Feb. 19, 2009