Have you ever made taquitos?

I usually use corn tortillas and fry them in cooking oil before rolling and baking.

Today I only have flour tortillas and no oil to fry them before baking.

Hoping it works out okay, there are lots of recipes online that call for flour and no oil.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 4:06 PM on May. 10, 2013 in Food & Drink

• Yeah... I tried to make them without the oil and they were awful! The corn tortillas just cracked all over and made a huge mess. They tasted good though. I bet the flour ones will be great. I would put some kind oil on them before baking. You dont need to fry them, just brush with EVOO, then bake.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:16 PM on May. 10, 2013

• Yes that was another question, thanks! The only oil I have is EVOO- Should work!
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 4:22 PM on May. 10, 2013

• They should be fine, just maybe not as crispy as if you had fried the tortillas in oil first. Try buttering the tortillas before you roll the filling up and bake the taquitos.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:05 PM on May. 10, 2013

• They are going in the oven! (I am an anti-butter cooker, I don't like butter or salt, or salted butter :P)
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 5:13 PM on May. 10, 2013