I think I know why our little fanatic is going overboard just a little...think Watch Tower

I could be completely off base, but I went to her CM profile and there were what looks like pieces of paper from a Bible or something, and it was Jehovah. and if I am remembering right, it from Isaiah 24 and it went like this..

."This is what Jehovah has said, your Repurchaser and the Former of you from the belly. I, Jehovah, am doing everything, stretching out the heavens by myself, laying out the earth. Who was with me?

There is more after that, but that's is what is on her CM profile.

I have had experience with JW because my aunt got dragged into it, and was there for many years. From the stories she told me was like something from a movie. She claims there was a little girl who was being molested and the elders said to her that she couldn't tell anyone because it was to save her from embarrassment and embarrass them as well. And many other stories she has told me. And personally IMO, they kinda remind me of the WBC.
I hold no animosity to people who have faith in God and teachings, and people with different religious backgrounds. But I hate those who tend to force it down your throat whether or not you like it. But when my aunt came home, she was different, she was no longer outspoken. For all intents and purposes she was like a little mouse. There might be a few out there that are truly nice people, but zI yet to meet one. I have never personally been inside the church where the JW worship, but those who come to my door think I will be the daughter of Satan if I do not change my ways.
Apparently the chalk line of a body with the Watch Tower pamphlets didn't phase them at all. lol

Michigan-Mom74

Asked by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:09 AM on May. 11, 2013 in Religion & Beliefs

• She's an idiot MM and loves the drama she creates when she posts her B.S.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 1:15 AM on May. 11, 2013

• I think of the JW as a cult.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:19 AM on May. 11, 2013

• The JW ladies I know are nothing like her. There's no way I'd invite them in every week if they were, lol. I'm actually pretty good friends with the one lady who comes every time, and everyone she's brought, pretty much, have been really respectful and sweet. Nothing like who we're talking about.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 1:31 AM on May. 11, 2013

• She may be JW, but abrasive fanaticism isn't just a JW thing. It's more of a lack of social boundaries that some people have.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:38 AM on May. 11, 2013

• Just wait.

The JW people I have known? I'll tell you a story. In the 80s my friend's sisters were being molested by their dad. 2 girls under the age of 10. When the mom divorced the dad, they kicked HER out of the church, and I'm sure him as well but I don't know that part of the story. Point is.. if my babies were being harmed in such a manner, and I was ostracized by a church by doing what I could to protect them? I would NOT want to be in that church.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:41 AM on May. 11, 2013

• I think each religion has it's crazies. Hell, my own aunt and uncle are bat shit crazy Fundies. They took me to youth group meetings where I was shown horrific films about burning in hell. And then there were the meetings where they tried to place shame and fear in me for being Catholic and doing Satan's bidding.

I know some JW's and they are not cultish, and nothing like you've mentioned. My point is, I guess, that it's not the religion but the person. The individual you are talking about is certifiably insane, nothing more, nothing less.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 2:45 AM on May. 11, 2013

• I hope she comes back. I have some pics I want to share with her.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 3:47 AM on May. 11, 2013

• She's openly admitted she's JW on all of her accounts. She even plagiarized a JW site on her first attempt before she deleted that one in fear of criminal charges.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:26 PM on May. 11, 2013

• I've met my fair share of fanatical JWs. Mostly when I worked at a hospital and they'd let small children suffer due to their belief system. Which totally infuriates me! But I've also met some whacked out fanatics in other belief systems who are just as creepy as our friend here...so I've concluded it's really the person, not the belief!
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 1:44 PM on May. 11, 2013

• "She's openly admitted she's JW on all of her accounts. She even plagiarized a JW site on her first attempt before she deleted that one in fear of criminal charges."

Yup, lol. And she always acts so surprised we know it's her. As though you can't tell by her always using pictures of herself, or always engaging in the same behaviors. From the first response it's obviously and typically Vinty. It's like a reflex anymore, I just know it when I see it. I swear she has to know that her behavior is the problem, because it seems that changing the profiles does more to keep CM authority off of her tail than fool any of us.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 2:32 PM on May. 11, 2013