8 month old pickey eater?

We are introducing finger foods to my 8 month old. problem is is he refuses to eat anything that isnt sweet. He has never had sugar like candy or cake before , just baby food fruits, but the only veggie he likes is sweet potatos. He refuses green beans, squash, peas unless I put a fruit in there he spits it out. He has yet to even drink juice. Even when I started solids on him he wouldnt eat the veggies or meats when we got to the 2nds.

I even bought the gerber graduate pasts pickups and cut them in 3 pieces to try ( spinach cheese, carrot chicken) he spits it out. I am so afraid this trend will continue.

Any suggesstions?

hgmom0823

Asked by hgmom0823 at 1:24 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Have you tried mixing sweet potatoes or fruits with other veggies/foods? You can start with a high ratio of what he likes and gradually not mix any in. Thats what I would try. Start with only a teaspoon of other food mixed in at a time. Continue that for a couple days, then add more. It's okay for this to take time.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 5:32 AM on Feb. 18, 2009