I think the management at this theater needs to find a new line of work! What Morons!

http://www.abc17news.com/news/movie-theater-publicity-stunt-triggers-officers-to-respond-to-active-shooter-situation/-/18421100/20089958/-/66o97fz/-/index.html

What planet are these idiots from anyway?! In light of what happend at the Colorado opening of the Batman movie, what could possibly make them think this was a good idea?!

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 7:21 AM on May. 11, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• Wow... I understand that they invited cosplayers to entertain moviegoers at the opening, but it was very poor judgement on the part of management. Really, more people should use their little brains and think just a little bit before making decisions. Granted, they had used cosplayers in the past for similar movies, but in light of what happened here in Colorado last summer, I would think the management would want to rethink such things. Maybe being in Missouri they are just so far removed from the Aurora shootings that it didn't occur to them that it was a poor choice.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:30 AM on May. 11, 2013

• The news may well be overplaying the story, but still. The theter mananagement showed poor judgment and poor taste, in my opinion.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:21 PM on May. 11, 2013

• I think everyone agrees they made a really stupid call. Wonder if they are looking for jobs now.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:33 PM on May. 12, 2013

• tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 8:48 AM on May. 11, 2013

• Not a smart idea at all!
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 8:51 AM on May. 11, 2013

• it was to entertain people? WHAT THE?!?!

charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:00 AM on May. 11, 2013

• That is truly stupid!
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 11:23 AM on May. 11, 2013

• Thanks tess- I fixed it on my post too :)
    mrsmom110

Comment by mrsmom110 (original poster) at 10:20 AM on May. 11, 2013

• Someone who was in the crowd posts in the comments below - it sounds like that article paints a much different (and scarier) picture than what happened in reality. They did this promotion multiple nights in a row before this, the guns were clearly toys, as were the costumes, and the "armored" people were SHIELD posing next to a guy in an Iron Man costume. There was no "active shooter" response - 2 cops showed up, looked at the guns, and left. There were off duty cops in the crowd to see movies who had no issue with it.

Most of the people screaming about how horrible it was weren't even there, while those that were are the ones going out and trying to clear up all the lies about what actually happened.

In other words, oh, look, the news is making it up to support their agenda again.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:23 PM on May. 11, 2013

Doubt it - nobody had an issue with it except for the reporter who wrote that story.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:27 PM on May. 13, 2013