Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Do you know of emergency housing for women that are pregnant

I know a girl that is homeless now and needs a place to stay

Answer Question

Asked by Mrs.VOsborne at 3:16 PM on May. 11, 2013 in General Parenting

Level 1 (3 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • Tell her to go to her nearest pregnancy support center. They might have a list of places. This is not the same kind of place as planned parenthood. I'm talking about the places to really want to help girls like this!

    Answer by NannyB. at 3:26 PM on May. 11, 2013

  • Dept of Family Services may know of places in the area.

    Answer by virginiamama71 at 3:27 PM on May. 11, 2013

  • salvation army may also put her up in a hotel for 60 days.

    Answer by tntmom1027 at 3:44 PM on May. 11, 2013

  • call 211

    Answer by fiatpax at 4:07 PM on May. 11, 2013

  • She can also look in the phone book for Catholic Charities, which operates across the country and serves everyone, not just Catholics. Someone there will be able to guide her to the appropriate resources. And having gone there for help and also worked there, I've never seen religion brought up, much less forced on anybody, so don't let the name Catholic Charities put you off.

    Answer by Ballad at 4:16 PM on May. 11, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.