Do you commemorate the babies you m/c'd?

Or do you think about the ones you miscarried when the anniversary comes around? I lost mine on Mother's Day five years ago so the day for me is always bittersweet, but I always feel blessed to have my two beautiful daughters as well.

uwmilf

Asked by uwmilf at 5:43 PM on May. 11, 2013 in General Parenting

• I've lost four of them, and I think about them a lot, especially at the times of the year when their birthdays would have been. I lost two in February, one in August, and one on Thanksgiving, so it's on my mind those times too, especially Thanksgiving. One would have been born in July, two in September, and one was due on my boyfriend's birthday in February. I guess with that many, there's always one on my mind, but I try to focus on my daughter, who is alive and healthy and the best gift that ever came into my life.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:51 PM on May. 11, 2013

• Sorry for your losses Ballad. I had an ectopic in December later in the same year I had the miscarriage, but I don't think of that one as much as the one I lost on Mother's Day. I suppose it's because I didn't know I was pregnant until I realized what was happening to me.
    uwmilf

Comment by uwmilf (original poster) at 5:56 PM on May. 11, 2013

• No, I had one and I honestly can't remember the day. I went in for an ultrasound and there was no heartbeat. I went home and waited. It was heart wrenching, but I do not commemorate it

snookyfritz

Answer by snookyfritz at 5:59 PM on May. 11, 2013

• Nope. I had 3 miscarriages and I just don't feel the need to. I've moved on from it.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 7:58 PM on May. 11, 2013

• I've lost one. I have the birthstone set into my mother's ring with the name "baby" engraved by it. ( we didn't know the gender) Hubby also got me an angel pendant for my necklace also with the birthstone set in it. I think about it on occasion, just not as much anymore.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:12 PM on May. 11, 2013

• No
    I had a mc and a baby pass from sids a few weeks prior
    I dont think about either because it makes me a little whack a doo and inprefer not to be that heavily medicated anymore
    If it brings you peace then so be it :)
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 8:44 PM on May. 11, 2013