Another baby...Should we or should we not have another one?

I am 31 years old(about to be 32 in September). My two daughters are 6 and one is about to be 3. I've been working on getting a Bachelor's, I'm on the final year before I graduate, I have an internship lined up and hopefully another following that will happen in the Winter Quarter, and I have a pretty clear idea as far as where I want my career to go. My husband really wants us to try for a son and both my girls say they want a baby brother. I know that getting exactly what we all want when it comes to having kids isn't a guarantee, but having another baby is hard decision for me. I had a pretty tough pregnancy the last time, plus I had two miscarriages in between. On top of that, my husband and I have had a rocky marriage and we are just starting to work things out. Plus I'm not sure if I'm ready to start all over with another baby since my youngest is almost out of diapers and becoming a little kid. But I wouldn't mind trying for a baby boy. So I'm incredibly torn.

uwmilf

Asked by uwmilf at 6:21 PM on May. 11, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Do you have to do it now? You're still young. Why not finish school, do your internships, and then see. For me, I'm at the point where my clock is ticking very loudly, but you still have years to go.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:27 PM on May. 11, 2013

• Look you definitely do not have to have more kids at this moment, take time for your self and develop a career. If you don't you may not be happy or able to even pay for college for the kids you already have. You still have 5 or six years left on your clock. You also seem like you miss the baby years but the older years are the best diapers and babies suck compared to little independent kids try to focus on that you may have everything you already want you just don't see it yet. As for the hubby he doesn't get what a women actually goes through to give them what they think they want..
    pinkparcel

Answer by pinkparcel at 6:55 PM on May. 11, 2013

• If you are just starting to stabilize your marriage you should not add a baby to the mix. Wait until things are solid!

Answer by missanc at 7:02 PM on May. 11, 2013

• I would wait until your marriage is where you want it to be before adding another responsibility to the list.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 7:10 PM on May. 11, 2013

• I would make sure the marriage is stable before having another baby.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 7:18 PM on May. 11, 2013

• With the list of pros & cons you just gave, I say you already know you need to wait a while. Get the things w/ school & the internship out of the way & do the work it will take to make your marriage strong enough to handle an additional child. Hopefully everyone knows that there's no guarantee that you'll get a boy on the next try. And are they all prepared for a 4th female in the house?! lol :p

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:22 PM on May. 11, 2013

• No there is too much going on now.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 7:28 PM on May. 11, 2013

• The rocky marriage is more than enough reason to NOT have another baby.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:33 PM on May. 11, 2013

• If you are having doubts then no. You can't change your mind later. No one can make this decision but you and your husband.
    Cowgirl_Coyote

Answer by Cowgirl_Coyote at 10:27 PM on May. 11, 2013

• Why the hell would you want to get pregnant when your marriage is not stable? That makes no sense at all!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:18 PM on May. 11, 2013