I don't think I want to be together anymore.

I'm just not happy and don't think Iwill be. But I'm not ready to raise our baby on my own (or mostly on my own) and I'm not ready to go through the heartbreak. What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:28 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• try to make it work. Read books about happy marriages and relationships and try to make it better. Women have a lot of power to fix relationships.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 1:32 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I dont think its fair for anyone if two people stay together for a child. Kids can see through BS. Atleast if parents separate when the kid is young, the child wont know any different. If you wait, it only gets worse and the child is more likely to see fighting and unnecessary tears. Then they remember the pain and tend to carry it with them through life and future relationships.
    sylvia10907

Answer by sylvia10907 at 1:49 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• would you be better off alone?
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 2:03 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• What are some of the reasons you want to be alone? cause you're not happy? is there something that caused that? maybe you can get some counseling to see if that helps. . .i know i've felt that way too I just wanted out...but we are getting help & i feel better now & closer to him.
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 2:07 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• You might be just depressed. At least try to work things out and if they don't then make an agreement that will work for the both of you.
    Native_Mommy253

Answer by Native_Mommy253 at 2:07 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Can you just take a break? Visit family, friend, etc and clear your head and figure things out?

Answer by admckenzie at 2:08 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Do you have a job? Does he? If so, one of your guy's employer should have an EAP assistance line (call his HR dept - you are allowed and they can't say anything). EAP will hook you up with a therapist for 6 visits for FREE - discuss it there.
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 2:22 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Happiness is a choice. And it is really more about doing things for other people than about being done for. Since there is a child concerned, I would choose to make a home for that child and I would also choose to make it a loving, secure, and happy home. Children really do need two parents. I know that's not a popular stand, but it is the truth, nonetheless. Little boys learn how to be a man from their dads, and little girls get their idea of what a man is supposed to be and do from their dads. Since this is the man that you chose to be your child's dad, I don't think it can any longer be about what makes you happy. There is a very good reason why women should be very careful about selecting a mate, and I think you have just discovered a part of it. My mom's generation had a saying that this one should think about. It was that once you've made your bed, you have to sleep in it.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:40 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• But you can be two parents and not live together. Check in with my children. We are all much happier.
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 2:45 PM on Feb. 17, 2009