Considering menstrual cup but really confused how you know which one to buy?

I guess you just have to pick a brand but doing things by trial and error doesn't sound very appealing to be honest. If you use one which brand did you go with? If you've had c-sections do you buy the pre-childbirth size? Do you buy more then one to change them out occasionally? Do you really have to buy the special wash or can you just wash it with soap and water?

I have some allergy issues with all but a few brands pads and tampons which gets expensive, so I needs a cheaper option. Not really interested if you find them disgusting and sorry I couldn't find a category that fit them the question better.

lizziebreath

Asked by lizziebreath at 8:29 PM on May. 11, 2013 in Health

• Man, I wish they had these when I was younger!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 8:45 PM on May. 11, 2013

• I used the Insteads for about five years.... I absolutely LOVED those things!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:54 PM on May. 11, 2013

• Divacup, size 2 (whether you has vaginal or csection deliveries). You can use unscented oil free non antibacterial soap for cleaning.

Answer by missanc at 8:58 PM on May. 11, 2013

• I used Instead for a while, but dumped it when it had a MAJOR fail on me while I was at a client event. I happened to have an extra heavy period that time and found out the hard way!

Instead only comes in one size.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:21 PM on May. 11, 2013

• I use the diva cup, sized 2. I love it and never want to go back to tampons! You will need the size for postpartum, regardless of c-section or not.
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 10:36 AM on May. 12, 2013

• I recently purchased SckoonCup, and oh how glad I am! I used Lunette cup and Diva cup but both were kind of too firm and painful to insert and remove. SckoonCup is so soft and easy to use. It really changed my life. I bought at http://sckooncup.com/ but you can buy it at amazon as well.

organicmom3833

Answer by organicmom3833 at 2:04 PM on May. 12, 2013

• I just started. Using the Divacup on my last period. Love it! You use size 2 if you have had kids, regardless of c/s or vag, or if you are over 30. Definitely a bit of a learning curve getting it out but I've been happy with it.
    msslou

Answer by msslou at 4:27 PM on May. 13, 2013