• In the Spotlight:

heartburn

im 30wks and have had heartburn since about 15weeks but the bigger i get the worse it seems to get. everything i eat now gives me heartburn. I eat tums like they are candy and it just doesnt seem to work. I have even tried drinking a glass of milk and it doesnt help either. I go to the dr tomorrow so i will ask him but does anyone know of any other secrets for to maybe help? Im at my witts end.

Mommy2B04

Asked by Mommy2B04 at 1:30 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• toast , plain bread , anything that is plain and salty , that is what works for me try also really ice cold water i do that when i feel the heartburn coming up ..
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:32 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Unfortunately, it seems like heartburn is just one of those things every woman goes through when pregnant - much like swelling feet and waddling.

Like you, I'm also eating Tums like candy and I try to eat yogurt or drink milk before bedtime. What I find helps at night is to sleep with a bunch of pillows underneath my head and shoulders so I'm slightly elevated.

GL!
    redmoonintexas

Answer by redmoonintexas at 1:33 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• The secret to getting rid of heartburn from here on out is probably going to be delivering the baby...or maybe you will get some relief when the baby drops when you get closer. Don't lie flat like the pp said. I needed elevation too.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 2:00 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I had horrible heartburn almost the entire pregnancy with both of my kids. I must have gone though 30 bottles of Tums, which didn't really help. There is really nothing that will help, but as soon as I had the babies, it went away the same day. Hang in there!
    math_mom2

Answer by math_mom2 at 2:35 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I had horrible heartburn when I was pregnant. It didn't matter what I ate, I had it day and night-It would even make me cough and gag. Sadly, I had it for over a year after my son was born, too.
    bethelann2004

Answer by bethelann2004 at 2:48 PM on Feb. 17, 2009