What flea collar would you recommend?

That really work?

Thx!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:45 PM on May. 12, 2013 in Pets

• I asked this same question to my vet, and I was told that they are really just a waste of money, they don't work. Find a good quality topical flea medication, they work much better!
    _whisper_

Answer by _whisper_ at 12:36 PM on May. 13, 2013

• I recommend Frontline. We had a bad flea infestation a while back with our indoor only cat, and I had a vet tech tell me to stick a flea collar into my vacuum, and use Frontline, that it would turn my cat into a walking flea bomb. It really did work that well and the problem was gone quick. It's a little on the pricy side, especially compared to collars, but it's better to drop $50 on a 3 month supply of something than waste money on useless collars and powders.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:11 PM on May. 12, 2013

• None,They are a waste of money. I recommend getting something from your vet. Those products actually work and are safer.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 1:01 PM on May. 12, 2013

• Only Frontline or Advantix.. Collars don't work and irritate the skin.
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 1:30 PM on May. 12, 2013

• My doggy takes one pill a month. It protects against heart worm and fleas. It's called Trifexis. I buy it at the Vet's office. I think it costs about $18.00 per month, but to me, it's worth every penny!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 2:17 PM on May. 12, 2013

• With flea collars, you are basically putting poison around his neck. I agree with the answer these women gave you. I really love the K9 Advantix also. Not only will it kill the flea within the hour, it also will repel the fleas from getting on him.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:58 AM on May. 13, 2013