What do i do?! :(

So awhile back my husband and i got a puppy and at first i was excited about it but then the responsibility started to get overwelming cause i have 4 kids already one being autistic and she is nonverbal so when she gets upset she hits herself and when she is home the bulk of my attention goes to her and its hard to do much else.(My autistic daughter goes to a special school out of town) Antway i asked to get rid of the puppy cause i couldn't handle it. So my husband wanted a dog so bad i said i would like to adopt an older dog but the process of finding an older dog my husband liked was to much for him so he decided he wanted another puppy. Well i have tried for months to mentally prepare myself for another puppy and we ended up getting one two days ago and since we have gotten him i have been breaking out in hives im getting panic attacks and im physically getting sick. I dont know what to do because i told my dh he doesnt have to get rid of the dog and i cant live like this. Please help i need advice:(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:06 PM on May. 12, 2013 in Health

• he should understand that if you are breaking out and having panic attacks because of the dog...you should not have one.

There is NO reason you should have to live with an animal who makes you sick
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 1:11 PM on May. 12, 2013

• By the same token, please do not get another animal.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:24 PM on May. 12, 2013

• Sorry, puppies aren't that difficult if you handle it right.  You can actually have alot of fun with them.   I feel that there are other things making you have anxiety.   It has been proven that pets lower blood pressure,  not increase it.   Get  a kennel and kennel train. The dog will feel safe in the kennel and you can have more control on training and "accidents". In the mean time, you can use a large box or a different way to contain the pup. Let the kids and your man help out.    I have raised puppies,   what are you having problems with ? 

LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 1:28 PM on May. 12, 2013

• What happened to the first puppy?

Sounds like you dh needs to forget about it bc the way it makes you feel it its too much for you you are going to end up on meds.
    Especially now this puppy is making you miserable health wise for now I would do without. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 2:01 PM on May. 12, 2013

• Find a new home for the puppy. The good news is people love puppies and dogs so you should be able to find a great home for it. Consider a cat or an older dog, but realize all animals are a lot of work, but puppies are in a category all to themselves when it comes to time and patience. Good thing they're so cute.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 2:04 PM on May. 12, 2013

• Kick out the husband and the puppy.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:01 PM on May. 12, 2013