Boy 12 charged in Murder of 8 year old sister.

I was afraid of this when I first heard the story. Didn't sound right and I figured(but hoped not) that this would be the finding.

VALLEY SPRINGS, Calif. (AP) - Authorities have arrested the 12-year-old brother of an 8-year-old girl who was mysteriously stabbed at her home in a rural Northern California community last month.
The boy, who was not identified, will be charged with homicide, Calaveras County Sheriff Gary Kuntz told reporters Saturday night.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20130512/DA67LP6O0.html 

Did you believe the first story when it came out?(Boy said that a burglar had broken into home and stabbed the sister)

tntmom1027

Asked by tntmom1027 at 4:20 PM on May. 12, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• I did not see the original story but I was shocked to hear that a 12 year old had intentionally killed his sister in such a brutal manner. The fact that the parents also seemed shocked was also surprising to me. I just wonder what the rest of the story is...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:44 PM on May. 12, 2013

• That's so sad. I also wondered if the parents were acting more surprised than they really were. I hope not, but it seems scary to think your twelve-year-old could stab his little sister to death without you ever having thought something might be wrong with him before.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:35 PM on May. 12, 2013

• A teen girl from our area stabbed a 9 yr old neighbor girl here a couple yrs back, and she said she was curious how someone died.... It's sickening, but they're disturbed, so it's sadly not surprising to hear something like this anymore.....
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 7:50 PM on May. 12, 2013

• Those poor parents. I can't even imagine it. :(
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:14 PM on May. 12, 2013

• I suspected though I had hoped I was wrong.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:28 PM on May. 12, 2013