Felt bad for my mom today (vent)

she bought my grandma a nice birdfeeder for MDay. i overheard my grandma repeatedly saying "i told you not to get me anything" and not a single thank you. then, when my mom put the stromboli out my grandma asked her who made it and she said she did, and my grandma was like "no??" in a surprised way. it wouldnt have offended me but my mom's pretty sensitive. instead of it being a compliment as in, wow, these look so beautiful they look like they were made in a store, she took it as her saying, im surprised YOU could make something like this. then my grandma made it a point to tell me to water the flowers that my mom got me (she got my grandma a similar bouquet) because they are very dry. when they were leaving, my grandma told my mom "you overdid it as always".

most of those things wouldnt have bothered me but i know they bothered her because we talked about it after they left. i hated seeing my mom so upset on mother's day. we stayed for a long time and just talked and laughed but i know that now that we're home she's probably wallowing in all of her negative emotions.

i did all that i could to make today special for her but it sucks being snubbed by your own mom like that.

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 4:57 PM on May. 12, 2013 in Relationships

• My mom does things like that. That's why I avoid her often. Even today.
    ThatBoysMom

Answer by ThatBoysMom at 5:51 PM on May. 12, 2013

• You're over thinking this big time.
    Water off a duck' s back.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 6:04 PM on May. 12, 2013

• I'm sorry for your mom. :(
    She's lucky to have you!

Hey gwen! Piss off!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 6:11 PM on May. 12, 2013

• Sounds like my mom took lessons from your grandma.

Hopefully, although it probably hurt your mom, she'll manage to shake it off soon and consider the source.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:19 PM on May. 12, 2013

• I'm sort of passive aggressive so I might have made a bigger deal with my mom, lavishing attention on how great she made things.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 7:37 PM on May. 12, 2013

• I am sorry for your mom, I to felt bad for my mother , My sibilings who use my mother for beer money and a babysitter to lay drunk, didn't even call my mother to tell her Happy Mother's Day, I was the only one who took time to call her and buy her a gift for that matter, both my sibilings make more money than I do but yet couldn't do anything for her, It was sickening to watch them take inlaws (their so's) parents out to dinner and make a big deal out of parents who treated them like crap all their life, I am just glad I gave her love and attention . all they worry about is when and where they can get drunk , my sil and bil have always tried to knock my mom out of the family because they're jealous , but karma is a bitch their children will be grown one day and they will be paid back for this shitty treatment..
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 9:12 AM on May. 13, 2013