In a rut... help!

I am a stay at home mom to three children.

Lately, I feel lime I'm in a rut. I can't seem to keep up with everything.

Any idea!

CSJMommy3

Asked by CSJMommy3 at 6:37 PM on May. 12, 2013 in General Parenting

• I'm right there with ya. I can't keep up with anything either.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 6:46 PM on May. 12, 2013

• Join the club, Mama.

What do you feel like you can't keep up with? What makes you say you're in a rut?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:56 PM on May. 12, 2013

• Make a list tonight of what you need to accomplish tomorrow. Then prioritize the list from most important to least important. Do the most important things first, then if something doesn't get done, carry it over to the next day. One thing that has always helped me for some reason: I get most of dinner ready very early in the day. I either put something in the crockpot or I get everything chopped and ready to go if it's something that has to be done last minute. If I need to, I go ahead and get my salad made. Everything that can be done ahead of time, I do. Then I don't get caught at the end of the day wondering what on earth we are going to eat, and I seem to be able to get more of the other stuff done when I can cross that "have-to" off for the day!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:58 PM on May. 12, 2013

• You need a day off for "me time"! Plan it well in advance so that you get lots of things that you want to do in. It won't kill your husband to spend a day alone with the kids - think of it as "quality time" for all of them!
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 3:40 AM on May. 13, 2013

• Thanks Ladies!

I just feel like I can't keep on top of things in the house, their school stuff, and all the other junk that pops up. Weekends are really hard since we all are home the house looks like a tornado hit come Monday. I spend all of Monday cleaning. I just need some sort of system and don't know where to start. I would love for them to help some too. My children are 7, 5, and 4. My husband works shift work so that is hard too.
    CSJMommy3

Comment by CSJMommy3 (original poster) at 8:58 AM on May. 13, 2013

• im a work outside home mom of ONE and I can't keep up with things.. its insane, I think no matter what position you have as a mother, we have these moments where we feel we can't keep up or on top of things.. eventually we do.. it works out mama
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 9:29 PM on May. 13, 2013