So my husnad comes to me and says...."Guess who our kid wants to be for history day"...

Jesus Christ.

I find this hilarious because we are not a religious family. I am not really sure how he even knows about Jesus.
The best part is my Atheist husband trying to help him with his homework.

That is all.

:D

SleepingBeautee

Asked by SleepingBeautee at 8:35 PM on May. 12, 2013 in Just for Fun

• Those are some big shoes to fill. I'm guessing a public school might discourage that choice & have him pick someone else.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:40 PM on May. 12, 2013

• Should be an interesting homework assignment.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 8:41 PM on May. 12, 2013

• they shouldn't discourage it, he was a historical figure, a living person. Whether or not he was a the Messiah, walked on water, turned water to wine is debatable, but his mere existence isn't.

Great that your husband and you are supporting him, many parents may not have. Though it is kind of funny imagining him helping him with the assignment. lol
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 8:45 PM on May. 12, 2013

• Maybe his choice means he's curious & would like to learn more about Him.
    Anonymous

• He is in a charter school that studies different religions as part of their history sections.
    SleepingBeautee

Comment by SleepingBeautee (original poster) at 8:46 PM on May. 12, 2013

• I think it's sort of awesome lol. Are you guys approaching it from an historical perspective? I mean, clearly, it's history day, but how are you working it?

We aren't religious either but I think it'd be cool for a kid to explore the historical eras that the bible was written in
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 9:05 PM on May. 12, 2013

• That's awesome, lol

When our kids did history day, they also had to dress the part and we had a history night at school where all the kids set up their displays and wore the appropriate attire. Is this similar to what your son is doing?
    I ask because, if it is, I would love to see pictures, lol
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 9:40 PM on May. 12, 2013

• He is in first grade so we kept it pretty simple. He had to write a paragraph and will have to dress up and act the part too. He is very excited!
    SleepingBeautee

Comment by SleepingBeautee (original poster) at 10:29 PM on May. 12, 2013

• Well this is conflicting.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:36 PM on May. 12, 2013

Actually, in my public school district we allow all students to express their religious beliefs. If they want to do a report on their religion, they can.If they want to hold prayer circles at school, they can. It is part of their freedom of speech. I as an employee however am not allowed these privileges by the way.

musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 2:16 AM on May. 13, 2013