If you found out a member of your family was on this site and never posted but just read

and this person has told you they know who you are and they are right, would you close your account and get a new nick?
It is kind of creepy to know they are reading everything you right but never say anything.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on May. 13, 2013 in About CafeMom

• Nope, I'd seriously hope they got an earful and then some. Anything I've ever said about my family, flattering or otherwise, I've said to their faces, individually or collectively, so I'd have nothing to worry about.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:34 AM on May. 13, 2013

• I'd wonder WHY they've been stalking me!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:32 AM on May. 13, 2013

• Well first of all you should never put anything personal on CM.
    No I would not close down my account. It is very important to always be yourself and never seek approval from anyone whether it be family or not.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 1:08 AM on May. 13, 2013

• It would really depend on who it was and their reason for being on here. My MIL is on here and it doesn't bother me. We are very close so nothing I say in here is any different than what we talk about in person.
    GarysWife1991

Answer by GarysWife1991 at 5:37 AM on May. 13, 2013

• creepy

would i delete and start over?- depends on who they were
    but i do know that every post after knowing, i would be thinking that that person was reading over my shoulder and i would be acting different
    only natural

most likely would post anon much more, or not post some things, maybe start fresh account
    ---------
    is this a true story or hypothetical???
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 7:17 AM on May. 13, 2013

• I wouldn't close my account I'll ask did they enjoy my posts
    Shaketa123

Answer by Shaketa123 at 12:35 AM on May. 13, 2013

• I guess it would depend on which family member, and why they were on the site. If only to track me or someone I rant about, then I would probably leave cm entirely.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 12:36 AM on May. 13, 2013

• Ask them why do they feel the need to stalk you.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:10 AM on May. 13, 2013

• I would not close my account.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:14 AM on May. 13, 2013

• My ex's niece used to troll my myspace page and she would copy my blog posts and e-mail them to family members, those who had no computer she would mail a copy to them and get everyone in his family angry with me. Most of the stuff I wrote about his sister in law telling stuff to his parents that was not true and I posted how she was a nosy busy body that needed to get a life lol. I went to the movies with a friend once who was gay and she told my ex's parents that I was cheating on my husband at the time, he told them that he knew about the movie and that the guy was gay and they said naw she just told you that so you wouldn't know that she was cheating with him. I eventually just set my myspace to private but never used it again. Now I NEVER put my real name in things because his niece will do a search for my name. She has caused me way too much trouble.
    AnonNdrag

Answer by AnonNdrag at 9:43 AM on May. 13, 2013