I thought this guy was gonna let his dog attack me!!

Ok so last night I was sitting in my chair watching TV and I see this guy walking a ENORMOUS pitbull, wearing a chain collar of all things! I seen my share of pits, hell I have owned one! Anyway, the guy stops and the dog takes a huge poop right in my yard! I get up, and ask him if he would please pick it up, my 4 yr old plays in the yard. He immediately got an attitude with me, and tells he doesn't have anything to clean it up with, Ok so fine, I shut the screen door and got a plastic bag and a small shovel. As I was walking by the door to check on my dd, I saw he let go of the leash, and to my absolute horror, I see my dd coming out of the back yard to the front to see who I was talking to, and the dog sees her, and starts advancing towards her I hear her say "Hi puppy!!" I hear the dog growl, then I swear to god time stood still, then went in slow motion. I grab my gun and I screamed for dd to get back in the back yard, and miraculously, she did what I said! I had my gun down at side, and I had 911 on my phone and put the phone down, but I knew she could still hear me. I told the guy to get that fucking animal out of my yard, or I would kill it.
The dog by now is sensing my fear and turn towards me and bears it teeth. I swear I thought I would piss myself! I am afraid to move fearing if I did the dog will see the retreat as a weakness and attack, so I stood there trying to stay calm, and practice the lamaze breathing technique lol! So by now, I had my gun raised at the dog, the guy still hasn't called off his dog yet! I hear dispatch ask me if the dog is still there, I say yes and she says the cops are almost there, and if the dog advances anymore, shoot it. The dog is staring at me, only about 7 ft from me, teeth bared. The guy just stands there! I tell him I swear by all its holy, I will kill it, I will not hesitate. I still have my gun trained on this dog and the guy finally calls him off. The guy leaves, leash in hand and the cops arrive, I hurry and put my gun down and raise my hands and I point to the guy who has the dog. They take off after him, then I see animal control.
I later find out that guy has had his dog attack another person last week, but couldn't get the dog because they couldn't find him. They assumed the owner picked him up and took off. But the witnesses described the dog down the scars on his body. The freaking pitbull had a HUGE chest. Kinda reminded me of the dog on the cartoon "Tom and Jerry" lol
The other person was attacked by this dog, but he is doing fine. The owner is currently in jail, and unfortunately the dog will be put down because his owner is a fucking idiot, and the dog was only doing what he was trained to do. But I have never ever been so scared in my entire life as I was when I saw my dd coming round the corner and that dog sees her.
I also do not care what some of you may think of me grabbing my gun and was going to shoot it when "it wasn't doing anything except standing there". If I did not have my gun trained on that dog, he would have attacked me like he did to the other guy.
I know that when a dog like that senses weakness and fear, like I am sure was coming off in waves from me, and if I moved that dog would have been after me in a heartbeat.

Michigan-Mom74

Asked by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:13 AM on May. 13, 2013 in Pets

• Oh my God, how terrifying! I'm glad you and your daughter are okay, and that the dog owner is in jail.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:49 AM on May. 13, 2013

• I have a pit, and I don't think you were wrong at all. I have never used my dog as a threat against anyone, except for one time when the person made me feel very uncomfortable and threatened. Even then, my use was when he asked me, "Will he bite?" and I said, "If you touch me, he will." I would never dream of using my dog to intimidate someone who is doing nothing wrong and no threat to me whatsoever, and especially not when it's on the other person's own property. That guy was a total douche. I feel bad for the dog that has to lose its life now because of his dipshit owner, but I'm glad you and your daughter are all right.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:25 AM on May. 13, 2013

• I would have killed it and pointed the gun at the owner till cops arrived. I am so glad both you and your DD are okay.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:18 AM on May. 13, 2013

• Oh that is so scary! I don't blame you 1 bit for handling it the way you did. You did what you needed to do to protect yourself & your child. I hope that idiot owner gets some serious jail time. It's a shame about his dog, but he ruined it by training it to harm others. Maybe Big Bubba is a dog lover & will give him some K9 justice!

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 10:28 AM on May. 13, 2013