Ultrasound at first OB appt?

So i did not know i was pregnant till about a month 1/2 to two months ago when i went to my family doctor for being "sick" well i found out i was pregnant and when she measured me she gave me an EDD for June 28th. I finally found a doctor that will take hubby's insurance and is not a "kreeper" so i have my first appt for today. if my family doctor was right i am already 32 weeks along, do you thnk that the OB will give me an ultrasound today since i am so far along and have not had one yet?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on May. 13, 2013 in Pregnancy

• I would hope so. If this is your first OB appt. for this pregnancy they need to get a lot of information. HOw did you not know you were that far along? Haven't you felt the baby move?
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:48 AM on May. 13, 2013

• I would think so. But it might depend on how they do things in the office. I know in my last OBs office there was a private room that they used exclusively for ultrasounds so if the person who made the appt didn't schedule you for an ultrasound, then that room might already be in use. However, my OB before that wheeled the ultrasound cart from room to room so it didn't matter whether you were actually scheduled for one or not.
    Regardless, they should at least schedule you for an ultrasound appt today. And I would probably request a referral to a high risk OB since there has been no prenatal care to date.

Answer by missanc at 10:55 AM on May. 13, 2013

• how the hell did you get to your 3rd trimester and not know you were pregnant? Are you obese?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:07 AM on May. 13, 2013

• they need to do one since the baby has not been monitored at all to date. if they don't at your first appt then they should be soon. you missed alot of important appointments woman.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on May. 13, 2013

• Yes. But how does this happen? Did you not feel movement?
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:18 AM on May. 13, 2013

• Believe it or not, it's not all that uncommon to find out about a pregnancy that late in the game. I've known two people it happened to. One was obese, the other wasn't. In any case, the doctor will probably schedule an ultrasound very soon, if not today, and also test for diabetes.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:01 PM on May. 13, 2013

• popcornI want to hear the rest of this story....

PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:58 PM on May. 13, 2013

• probably
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 5:37 PM on May. 26, 2013