mild cramping for a couple weeks but still no period

I've been having mild cramping for a couple weeks now. I'm over due for my period now. since I have some OPK left, I used them just for the fun of it. they came back positive for 6 days in arrow til I ran out the test. I bought pregnancy test last week and the result was negative. Just wondering what's going on with my body and if anyone goes through this? i'm having cramps still but still nothing

kpaww

Asked by kpaww at 10:40 AM on May. 13, 2013 in About CafeMom

• Miscarriage is a possibility. Call your Dr. and make an appointment.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:04 AM on May. 13, 2013

• Go to a doctor and tell them you had a positive test. Cramps could mean complications or miscarriage. You need to be seen.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on May. 13, 2013

• Unfortunately, a positive test followed by cramping could be signs of a very early miscarriage. Modern pregnancy tests pick up positive results extremely early on, and some of the pregnancies just aren't successful.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:57 AM on May. 13, 2013

• how do I know it was miscarriage when I got only negative result for pregnancy test? the cramps come and go, can you keep getting positive OPK for a week right when your period is due?
    thanks
    kpaww

Comment by kpaww (original poster) at 1:25 PM on May. 13, 2013

• Okay a positive on an OVULATION PREDICTION test is NOT the same as a positive on a PREGNANCY test.

An Ovulation tests look for an increase in LH (luteinizing hormone), ou're supposed to be looking for a change in the strip color to be darker indicating that LH has increased. (Or depending on the test the "positive" line should be the same color of the control indicating the surge in LH, a "faint line" is NOT a "positive")

A pregnancy Test looks for an increase in hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin)

If you don't know how to read the inserts in the tests it's proabably best if you direct all questions through your doctor. If you still have not gotten your period in a week and PREGNANCY tests are still coming back negative, GO SEE YOUR DOCTOR. 

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:53 AM on May. 15, 2013

• well, how long do I have to wait before I need to see my dr? it's been 50 days since the first day of my last period. normally i'm irregular but not longer than 45days.
    kpaww

Comment by kpaww (original poster) at 12:30 PM on May. 15, 2013