Fever and Teething

My daughter was running a temp of around 100.4 yesterday and today it is 101.2. Could this be teething??? Shes drooling and fussy. She gets a lot of ear infections but just went last week for a check and they said her ears looked good. So I'm just curious if this fever could be associated with teething.

MommytoBe987

Asked by MommytoBe987 at 1:46 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It could be. If it stays for more than a few days call her doctor.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 1:47 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• A fever can be associated with teething, but not a high one. If it continues to rise then I would call the pedi. Give her some tylenol and see if it subsides.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 1:48 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• teething can always cause fever. its actually very common.

but when she gets a lot of ear infections, then you might want to get her checked again. there is a lot of time between last week and this week. when she gets those alot then its possible that she just got it again.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 1:51 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• kboney29 is wrong. sorry. not every child is the same.

our DD had a really high fever from teething. it was so bad we had to let the doc come to our house.
    m.robertson811

• It could be from teething, but don't assume that since her ears were looked at last week that it couldn't be an ear (or some other type of) infection. If the fever gets worse or if she still has it tomorrow I'd call the doctor again.
    laadeedah

Answer by laadeedah at 2:06 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Some children get fevers from teething. If she otherwise seems fine it's probably that.
    I would be worried if she shows other signs of being sick or the fever gets higher.
    I could be an ear infection... they can develop quickly. AND if she was just in to see the doctor she could have easily picked up something in the clinic... most viruses take about a week to show symptoms from the time you are exposed. And clinics are crawling with all kinds of stuff!
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 2:07 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• my dr.s tried telling me that fever is NOT associated with teething...i call that a bunch of bull shit becuase Every time my daughters would teeth, they would get fevers..give the tylenol and go buy highlands teething tablets..they work wonders!!
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 2:24 PM on Feb. 17, 2009