Anyone use pedometers and satisfied with accuracy

If so what kind is it? How long have you had it? Any problems? Sorry so many questions. Trying to get into shape.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:29 PM on May. 13, 2013 in Diet & Fitness

• I used one for a while, I don't know what kind it was I got it as part of a fitness kit. Of course it's not spot on but I figured all the extra "counts" make up for the steps I took during the day while I wasn't wearing it. But while walking it's pretty accurate. I tested by counting my steps and it showed the same number.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:44 PM on May. 13, 2013

• I really like them, when you get it go to https://aom3.americaonthemove.org/Login.aspx?M=LV. You sign up and then track your steps on different trails. Like you can choose to "walk the iditarod trail" and how every many miles it is (I can't remember) you track your steps and that tracks it as if you took those steps on the trail. It was a great motivator for me.

I was given one by my health director, but I can't remember what it's called. I bought one of the cheaper ones from Walmart and it only tracks every couple of steps, it was really crappy, so I recommend going into an actual sports store, or get one of the more expensive brands like Nike.

cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 3:48 PM on May. 13, 2013