The IRS apologizes. Should he President also apologize?

This link will take you just Joe and you will see on the left should Obama apologize....... Click that. It may take a minute but the discussion is really interesting. One big point, the colonies decided to break away from England because of unfair and unequal taxation.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/3036789/ns/msnbc-morning_joe/vp/51863419/#51863419

I do not have a question as such but, I think the President is smart not to comment until he has more information.

I do think his saying that it will be thoroughly investigated is appropriate.

Dardenella

Asked by Dardenella at 1:16 PM on May. 13, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• The infraction doesn't surprise me; the apology does. I think the President said the only thing he could really say at this point.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:04 PM on May. 13, 2013

• I think it's a bit strange that Obama's statement said "IF" the IRS did this. Helloooo, they ADMITTED they DID this last week. There is no IF, they did it.
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 11:10 PM on May. 13, 2013

• I saw a little bit of his comment about it on the news today, & the President said that the IRS needs to be neutral & that anything less will not be tolerated. (not a direct quote) but he seemed disgusted by the whole thing. Later in the news, they reported a govt. surplus. I thought we were trillions in debt?! Hmm- maybe the IRS is doing more than targeting conservative groups! :p

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:53 PM on May. 13, 2013

• Just saw something blip across twitter that said he's making a statement later tonight.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:30 PM on May. 15, 2013

• Thank You I will be sure to listen
    Dardenella

Comment by Dardenella (original poster) at 6:53 PM on May. 15, 2013

• what do the colonies have to do with this? should org s get tax exempt status on their say so alone?
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 3:31 AM on May. 18, 2013