Ever been involved in a hit and run?

Someone just but my car and drove off while I was grocery shopping. I need some entertainment while I wait on the police!

Asked by missanc at 4:44 PM on May. 13, 2013 in Just for Fun

• Someone once hit my car while it was parked outside my parents' house and drove off. They did $2300 worth of damage.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 4:45 PM on May. 13, 2013

• Someone hit my while going about 70 on a 45 mph highway I went across 3 lanes of traffic and ended up just about on a tree... totaled my car... would love for someone to have caught the dude.

amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 4:52 PM on May. 13, 2013

• Yep. A year ago, I was making a u-turn at an intersection (I had the green), and a blue suv turned right without stopping on his red. He hit my front bumper and just kept on going. There was a piece of his bumper sticking out of mine. That cost $3k to fix.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 4:57 PM on May. 13, 2013

• Yes, at a stop sign. I was stopped, the guy behind me hit me and then just drove around me and ran the stop sign to get by. That was $1200 worth of damage
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 4:58 PM on May. 13, 2013

• No. I did get some wicked dings in my door in a parking lot. I got them fixed and since I filed a report with the police I only had to pay half my deductible for the repairs.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:10 PM on May. 13, 2013

• Yep. same thing someone hit my bumper hard and took off now I have to pay close to $1000 to replace my bumper or use my insurance and have the insurance rate go up.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 5:18 PM on May. 13, 2013

• Gosh, how awful! I don't drive, so it's never happened to me, and wen someone hit my boyfriend's car in the parking lot of our condo complex, he came and told us about it and gave us his insurance information. It's really rotten that people will just keep going. I'm glad you weren't in the car at the time so there was no danger of you getting hurt, Missanc.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:28 PM on May. 13, 2013

• Me, no. DH - twice! Once was relatively minor in heavy traffic. The second totaled the car. Another inch and it would have seriously injured our niece who was on her way to work with DH. DH had the green at a red light and a car came screaming from the other direction. Hit DH's car, backed up and sped away. We got really lucky that he or niece were just shaken up not injured.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 5:29 PM on May. 13, 2013

• Yes. By a damn company truck with the logo and phone number plastered all over it. But did I think to remember the name of the company? Nope. Asshole tore my bumper off too.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 5:58 PM on May. 13, 2013

• When I was 12, I was hit by a car while I was riding my bike. They took of
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 6:03 PM on May. 13, 2013