• In the Spotlight:

How do I get my 1 year old to drink his milk from his sippy cup like he drinks his juice?

My son will only drink his milk in the bottle. Every time I give it to his in a sippy cup he takes a drink and through it. He will only drink juice in the cup. I did break down today and give him a bottle since all he has had in three days is watered down juice. My doctor said he doesn’t push the issue of taking the bottle away until kids are 15 months, but I feel if I wait until he’s older it will just be harder. Has anyone had this problem??

I've tried munchkin, nuby and nuk.
straws, hard sprout and soft sprouts.

jsandberg

Asked by jsandberg at 5:10 PM on May. 13, 2013 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Stop giving her the bottle, and if you're really strong stop giving her juice (it's just empty calories anyway). Milk or water in the sippy, nothing else. As ballad suggests, make sure she is getting yogurt or cheese until she starts drinking the milk.

Answer by missanc at 6:46 PM on May. 13, 2013

• My daughter refused to take milk from a sippy for over a month, but she was two years old before I finally took the bottle away cold turkey because nothing else had worked. She was eating a good diet by then, so I just refused to give her milk in anything but the sippy cup till she gave in. I made sure she had yogurt and cheese every day, but I tried everything else, an the only thing that finally worked was outlasting her stubbornness.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:25 PM on May. 13, 2013

• Easy answer... With time. keep trying keep trying.and eventually it will work. My ten month old refused to drink his sippy juice. and just today he picked it up himself and started drinking.
    Anonymous

• Get rid of the bottle. Then he will drink everything out of the sippy.

Answer by louise2 at 8:31 PM on May. 13, 2013

• Try a sippy with a bottle like nipple. My son was off bottle at six months because I felt it would be hard to get him off the longer he used one. I think we bought every type of sippy they have till he got use to one.
    Femommy

Answer by Femommy at 9:34 PM on May. 20, 2013