Neeing hair help!!! Anyone??

ok ladies. I've had problems with my hair for years! I've been struggling to control my dandruff. I've tried different types of shampoo and either is dries my hair out bad or makes it super oily. I cant use conditioner because it oils down my hair. My hair is almost to my butt so its not a great thing to have oily long hair. lol.  I'm also wanting to try something different with my hair. I straighten it because I have that in between hair (not straight not curly-more like poofy) I wasnt really a girly girl growing up until I hit 18 and I have no idea what to do with my hair 90% of the time. I like i to have volume on top so whats the best way to do that? Lastly deep conditioning? Whats the best way to do this, when, best product, etc. Thanks ladies :)

dimples2k13

Asked by dimples2k13 at 5:28 PM on May. 13, 2013 in Beauty & Style

• steps 1, 2, and 3. but don't put the conditioner directly on your scalp. i have the same kind of hair you do and when i use this stuff i don't have to do anything to it, just wear it natural

josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 5:50 PM on May. 13, 2013

• Try blow-drying your scalp; if the dandruff is fungal in nature (and most is a reaction to yeast in the air,) it likes a warm, moist environment. If you get your scalp dry, then use the cool setting to cool it off so it doesn't sweat, you're making the environment less appealing to the fungus.
    Use a leave-in conditioner, but keep it away from your roots.
    Try shampooing less often. You'll go through an awkward stage, but your scalp will start producing less oil.
    And then a question: Why do you wear your hair so long if it looks bad in its natural state that way? A good haircut works with your hair, rather than making you overstyle it.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 6:18 PM on May. 13, 2013

• hi!!! I would cut your hair to you bra strap. then I would color it-a deep brown maybe, and you could even get a few red or caramel highlights if you wanted..... And as far as shampoo-make sure you get a dandruff one that is for color treated hair. go to a beauty supply store-I you could. good luck-im sure you'll look great no matter what!! :) keep us updated!!
    expresso-time

Answer by expresso-time at 11:20 PM on May. 13, 2013

• :) I love the caramel color .. Ive NEVER colored my hair (im 22) I just feel like i need somethin different. Im bad about not going to the salon enough (like once or twice a year) its at the bottom of my priority list bc i'm SO picky about who messes with my hair. I've had my hair cut right ONCE in my entire life. I messed up 3 years ago and let my sister cut it (she was in cosmo school) and she wacked it all off. I love long hair (mine) but i just want it cut better and healthier looking. I dont look right with short hair at all and i feel sexy with long hair :) I have natural red highlights in my hair during the summer but I havent been out much and its rather dull looking at the moment. Thanks for all the replies ladies I'll definitely take it all into consideration :)
    dimples2k13

Comment by dimples2k13 (original poster) at 11:40 PM on May. 13, 2013

• I bought some T Gel earlier for the dandruff and soaked my hair in it for about ten minutes and am going to start washing it with that twice a week and see what happens. I also got some Garnier (sp?) leave in conditioner/mousse i'm going to try. Wish me luck :) Am attempting to go to the salon but the end of the week!
    dimples2k13

Comment by dimples2k13 (original poster) at 12:05 AM on May. 14, 2013

• Volume and deep conditioning are counterproductive together. Conditioning will weigh the hair down. You're doing too much at once. I suggest phases. 1st get rid of the dandruff. Head & shoulders usually does it IF you continue to use and wash your hair every other day. Do not dry out your hair because it will cause it to produce more oils. I would suggest a haircut with long layers to just below the shoulders to keep it modern. You can then curl the ends and it will still be long enough to do lots of styles Look up AskSash video channel on YouTube for hairstyle ideas. Massage mousse at the roots while the hair is wet then blow dry on medium heat. Never ever use hot heat near the scalp.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 1:48 AM on May. 14, 2013

• Get curling sticks to add waves to your hair or make several small braids in it while it's wet and allow to dry.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 1:50 AM on May. 14, 2013

• Well a lot of people in the world had been trying to have like your hair well if i were you i woul go to an hair stylist and treat my hair
    Victoria M.

Answer by Victoria M. at 2:59 PM on May. 14, 2013

• Try Pureology shampoo and conditioner - $$ but works great.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:26 PM on May. 20, 2013