Pregnant teens

What would you do if your 12 or 13 yr old DD got pregnant would you let her keep the baby if she wanted? Or would you suggest abortion or adoption?

ginamom512

Asked by ginamom512 at 5:32 PM on May. 13, 2013 in Pregnancy

• My daughter is only 3 months but if that ever does happen I would let her do what she feels is right but I would strongly suggest keeping it or adoption
    Shaketa123

Answer by Shaketa123 at 5:35 PM on May. 13, 2013

• Twelve or thirteen? First of all, I'd be out to find who got her pregnant, and I'd be fighting off my mama bear urge to make sure he never fathered any more children. It would be a tough situation, but at that young, I'd probably urge her to let me adopt the baby and bring him or her up as a younger sibling to her because she wouldn't be nearly ready to raise a child herself. Of course, someday we'd tell the child the whole story.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:38 PM on May. 13, 2013

• I would talk my daughter into abortion. I don't think any 12 or 13 year old is ready to parent.
    ginamom512

Comment by ginamom512 (original poster) at 5:40 PM on May. 13, 2013

• Nope. My girls are grown, but if that would have happened it would have been adoption or something else... No babies unless you raise them yourself....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:40 PM on May. 13, 2013

• If the child was 16 or older I would suggest keep the baby.
    ginamom512

Comment by ginamom512 (original poster) at 5:43 PM on May. 13, 2013

• That's way too young. I'd like to think I could keep that from happening, since a child that age wouldn't have enough freedom to get themselves into that predicament to begin with! If it did, then I don't know if it'd be in her best interest to go thru with the pregnancy.  I'd talk options w/ an OB/GYN first.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:46 PM on May. 13, 2013

• First, I would wonder how the HELL I failed as a parent.

Then, I would sit down with her and give her some VERY hard lessons from the School of Hard Knocks. I would encourage her to choose adoption, but knowing me and how I am, she'd probably keep the baby and I would raise it. I wouldn't like it at times, but I know how I am, and that's what I'd most likely do.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 6:03 PM on May. 13, 2013

• I would suggest she keep the baby, and I will help her raise the baby.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 6:08 PM on May. 13, 2013

• I'd slap myself for not knowing what my 12/13 year old daughter was in to. And then yes I'd suggest adoption, or if I was in the position I might raise it myself. That's WAY too young to even TRY to parent.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 6:33 PM on May. 13, 2013

• I would want her to keep the baby and I would raise it.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 8:01 PM on May. 13, 2013