can you answer?

so i'm trying to start my baby on a schedule, he eats baby food three times a day and nurses before after and in between meals... so he eats plenty during the day to say the least and doesnt need to nurse during the night. so the CIO method is working great for me to put him to sleep he already goes to sleep without crying, but sometimes he wakes up and crys a min or two and goes back to sleep, but i was wondering how many times do i let him do that before i get him up? like how long do your babies nap for and how many naps a day at 6-7 months and how long do you let them sleep at night? please dont bash on the CIO method, this is important to me, and i dont go around bashing on your questions i dont agree with! thank you

havingaboy08

Asked by havingaboy08 at 1:57 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• At that age my twins ate three "meals" a day: baby food followed by a 6oz. bottle and two "snack" bottles. One in the morning and one in the afternoong. They also got a 6oz bottle before bed but we stopped this around 8 mos when they graduated to stage 2 baby food.
    I used the Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child book to help me help the twins become great nappers/sleep 12hrs at night. Feel free to PM me if you want to know more.
    Mine went to bed at 7p.m., woke around 6:30 a.m., A.M. nap at 8:30 a.m. for about two hours, a P.M. nap after lunch at 12:30 for about two hours and up to nine months of age they'd take a short 45 min nap in the stroller or high chair around 4:30 p.m.
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 2:13 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• At 6-7 months my boys slept as long as they needed to sleep. They went to bed between 8 and 9 the woke around 6 or 7. At that age they were taking two naps a day.

They were eating three meals and two snacks a day (food and formula) as well as another 8oz of formula right before bed. (meals were 8oz and two jars of stage 2 jars with some finger/table foods tossed on a plate on the tray, too)
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 2:03 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Check Babycenter.com for the answers to your questions. They have some good general "guidelines" about how much and how often babies need to eat and nap.
    laadeedah

Answer by laadeedah at 2:12 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I found the sleep info at www.familysleep.com to be helpful. At this age, most babies take 3 naps a day. Those naps should last as long as the baby is willing to sleep. That could be 45 minutes or it could be a couple hours.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 2:47 PM on Feb. 17, 2009